Why don't my pose animations play?

Alexis Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys. Hope everyone is well. Not sure really if this is the correct place to ask but I'm hoping someone can help me pleaseee? <33

My problem is, whenever I'm using items with holding animations or anything like that, my AO always overrides it and doesn't do the holding pose and I'm not sure why cause these items almost always say they're compatible with AO's and I always see my friends doing it with no problems? :((

Thanks in advance for any help ❤️ 

What animation plays, when there are several animations running at the same time, is up to the animations' priority. If your AO overrides a prop's animation, it's either because your AO is on a too high priority, or your prop's animation is on a too low priority - or that they're both on the same priority (in which case I'm uncertain how they're picked). What you can do is check if your AO comes at different priority levels (usually it's 3 and 4, but it varies depending on the creator). If there are no options .. Well, there isn't much to do about it, as far as I know.

12 hours ago, Orwar said:

What animation plays, when there are several animations running at the same time, is up to the animations' priority. If your AO overrides a prop's animation, it's either because your AO is on a too high priority, or your prop's animation is on a too low priority - or that they're both on the same priority (in which case I'm uncertain how they're picked). What you can do is check if your AO comes at different priority levels (usually it's 3 and 4, but it varies depending on the creator). If there are no options .. Well, there isn't much to do about it, as far as I know.

Aah okay. Is there a way I can check or change priority settings??

41 minutes ago, InventedSuicide said:

Aah okay. Is there a way I can check or change priority settings??

I don't think so, no. You can set the animation's priority level when you upload it - after that I think it's pretty much stuck at that priority, unless perhaps a script can force it to run at a higher priority. I've never really understood how that part works; there are 4 priority levels that you can set during the upload process, but then I've seen animations that have higher ones still.

On 5/23/2020 at 3:13 AM, Orwar said:

or that they're both on the same priority (in which case I'm uncertain how they're picked).

The last one called by the script is the one that runs, in that case

Stands usually get a priority 3, walks and runs a priority 4.

The only way to override other animations is to set your anim at a higher priority than those intended to be overridden. This is an option you can set during the upload process of bvh file animations. 

However, the other animation file format,.anim the native internal format if SL, gives you the opportunity to set priorities up to 6. The only tools providing such export are Avastar for Blender, MyAniMATE for Maya and Marionette for 3dsMax.

Edited by OptimoMaximo
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

It's really unfortunate that we have 4 priority levels but realistically only 2 of them are usable/used, unless you rely on unsupported features.

Well, using the server side animation calls to override the defaults would realistically make us able to use the same priorities LL set for the default animations, but it seems that all AO's still use the old method llstartAnimation. Using the default priorities would get us one more priority slot for use 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.