Default SLURL Viewer Stuck in Chrome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I installed Singularity briefly over the weekend and then uninstalled and deleted it.

However, now in Chrome whenever I open a SLURL, it wants to open Singularity.  I've tried Firestorm's SLURLProxy thing and it doesn't help.  I reinstalled Firestorm (the viewer I want to use) and it doesn't help.  I tried searching in Chrome for a handler, and there is nothing listed.

Does anyone have any tips on how to change the default SLURL viewer in the latest Chrome?

50 minutes ago, Kristie Lemon said:

I installed Singularity briefly over the weekend and then uninstalled and deleted it.

However, now in Chrome whenever I open a SLURL, it wants to open Singularity.  I've tried Firestorm's SLURLProxy thing and it doesn't help.  I reinstalled Firestorm (the viewer I want to use) and it doesn't help.  I tried searching in Chrome for a handler, and there is nothing listed.

Does anyone have any tips on how to change the default SLURL viewer in the latest Chrome?

I have this on a sticky LOL.     

LURLs opening in a different Viewer?
Start SLURL Proxy.
In the dialog asking if SLURL Proxy should be the default SLURL handler, click NO.
In the top menu, click “Set other SLURL handler”
Drag your Firestorm short cut onto the SLURL Proxy Window.
You're done and can close SLURL Proxy.
Mar 12, 2020

• 4 months later...

I won't use google chrome for privacy reasons (They are notorious for collection your private information), I use firefox in linux but getting firestorm (or any viewer) to work in firefox is pretty much the same in all OSes, here's How I added Firestorm to Firefox's "Open with".

1: In URL bar, type in "About:config" (no quotes)
Search for "network.protocol-handler.expose.secondlife" (again without quotes)

2: If nothing appears, Right click on a white space and create a new Boolean entry titled "network.protocol-handler.expose.secondlife" (no quotes) and set to false. Then proceed to step 4.

3: If it IS found in search, simply toggle until the value is "false".

4: Restart Firefox and try to enter an SLURL, It will ask for an App to use, point it to the FIRESTORM.SH (linux) or FIRESTORM.EXE (windows) file in your Firestorm folder (Firefox will list it as an application) select the file then check the box to save the association and you are done!

If you don't use firestorm, find the corresponding SH (linux) or EXE file and use them instead of Firestorm. If you are using windows, it's easy to find, just right click your Viewer's Icon and select "properties" it should list the filename and location there.

Edited by Bdobson
additional tip

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.