rigged mesh hands kinda wonky

Miyuo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am currently attempting to upload rigged custom mesh hands. Although... when i get the chance to upload both hands to secondlife, this appears differently on SLrather than how it looks in blender.

image.png.3b543af1658ab0a52d15646ba031b86e.png

in blender, they look completely normal with no ridged edges. They bend normal in blender, they just look so much better in blender. The weights are fine, unless that's the main problem here?

However i originally deleted the right hand and mirrored the left one to the right side. So that when edit the left hand, it will symmetrically edit the right hand too. So i'm confused if the weights of the left hand is now on the right hand, yet the right hand are attached to the right hand weights? i'm just really confused at this point.

How could i fix this? so that my hands don't look like i shoved them in a food processor🙂

8 hours ago, Miyuo said:

So that when edit the left hand, it will symmetrically edit the right hand too. So i'm confused if the weights of the left hand is now on the right hand, yet the right hand are attached to the right hand weights?

When you create new vertices via mirroring in Blender, the new vertices have the exact same weights as the ones they were copied from. You need to mirror the weights too.

1. Go to Weight Paint mode.
  2. Show vertex selection.
  3. Select just the newly-created vertices.
  4. Weights menu -> Mirror.

Any vertex group name that ends in "L" or "Left" or "R" or "Right" will get flipped to the other.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Miyuo said:

in blender, they look completely normal with no ridged edges. They bend normal in blender, they just look so much better in blender. The weights are fine, unless that's the main problem here?

I guess that you have modeled the hands with a different shape from the default avatar splayed hand shape and, therefore, you edited the joint positions. In such case, the model needs to be uploaded with joint position checkbox active

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.