HELP! Avatar mesh skin/body wont work...

TheAmazingShai

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I need some help with applying my mesh body. There are so many files to choose from it's seems like none of them are working. Also not sure if I need to add more than one of these files...it doesnt seem to let me. I bought a few mesh skins/bodies but seems like only one of them works, however with that one, it wont let me choose a skin color.

Lastly, clothing I bought doesnt seem to fit either...even though it's made foe the type of body i purchased.

Anyone willing to walk me through the step of fixing it?

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, TheAmazingShai said:

I need some help with applying my mesh body. There are so many files to choose from it's seems like none of them are working. Also not sure if I need to add more than one of these files...it doesnt seem to let me. I bought a few mesh skins/bodies but seems like only one of them works, however with that one, it wont let me choose a skin color.

Lastly, clothing I bought doesnt seem to fit either...even though it's made foe the type of body i purchased.

Anyone willing to walk me through the step of fixing it?

what does the manual say?

8 hours ago, TheAmazingShai said:

There are so many files to choose from it's seems like none of them are working.

First off, are you referring to appliers or system skins? Some mesh bodies can now use either.

An applier works by applying the texture via a HUD - whilst most skins that are made for certain bodies are made specifically for them, there are cases where they need to be applied using an Omega relay (a tertiary HUD that relays the information from the skin's HUD to your body, alternatively 'installs' Omega capability to your body/head). 

A system skin is a worn object, and for it to appear on a mesh body, the body usually needs to be configured to use BOM. This is usually done through clicking a button in the body's setting HUD.

Also not sure if I need to add more than one of these files...

Certain creators prefer to make their skins as a tattoo layer, and make the body and head skins separate. These work the same way as system skins do, and also require BOM to work. As for appliers, there should be a separate button (or even HUD) to apply the skin to the body and one separate for the head, this is due to there being so many brands of both heads and bodies, that all require different scripts to apply textures to them.

Fitted mesh apparel 'should' fit - at least that's the idea, however there are some things to keep in mind with them. 

Firstly, even fitted mesh may require the use of alphas as they are modeled to be slimmer than the body, tight-fitting trousers and tops frequently require alphas to be used, and many come with auto-alpha scripts so that your body should do this automatically when they are worn.

Secondly, extreme slider values (i.e. pulling your shape sliders very high or very low) may deform the apparel in ways that weren't intended or accounted for by the creator. 

And thirdly, not all creators have access to the 'developer kits' that contain the tools and information required to make precise fitting. Many smaller brands resort to fitting by testing, a so called 'experimental fit', and these tend to have an even harder time to adjust to shape differences. 

Generally, the mantra that many people around the forums use is 'demo, demo, demo!' - always try the clothing to make sure that it fits your shape, and that you find whether the quality meets your expectations. Not all creators offer demos, and in such cases it's up to you to decide whether you think it's worth the risk of purchasing the product untested.

If you let us know which body and head you have, as well as what kind of skin it is you're trying to use, it will be easier to give you a more specific answer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.