avatar script & memory manager Boards

renards89 Cerise

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

that be inoying if all sim have this board . well me i have avatar hair with script shoes with script hum or more thing

ao overide . well you have some warning told yeah to take off your obj . oki but why all to be naked why to take off hair or ao

and more . if you can not injoy your stuff you have on you well boom you be ejected . if we realy need that board in sl

for me no bc all you have on you ao overide hair is stuff you buy it to wear it . not be naked and walk like a zombie stick avatar . what i be wear it on me is hair collar ao overide wing . for enter in  the sim i have take off my hair script my collar script and  be in sim so close be nake . i talk about that bc come very anoying . and i be fight with the owner says is my fuking avatar and talk very bad at me and rud .

i don want this board in sl wee realy no need this. i want that thing be not exsite form banned it this board

fight for be free and have fun in sl and see ppl to talk

http://images.imagehotel.net/?2awvymwpr3.jpg

7 answers to this question

You cannot choose what people put on their land, they pay to own the land so it is their right to decide if people with too many scripts are allowed to be there or not. It is your choice if you want to agree with their rules or go somewhere else. There are 36K sims & so there is lots of other places to go.

Hair does not  need to have lots of scripts. They come with resize scripts and you use them to make it fit your head, after that it does not need to have the scripts in it. Your head does not change size. So you could remove the scripts from the hair after it fits you and then you will be able to wear it anywhere.

Remember that the landowners are asking people to remove excessive scripts to benefit EVERYONE, including you, because it reduces lag, they are not doing it to annoy you.

DUE TO SOME FORUM CHANGES, PLEASE USE "OPTIONS > EDIT" ON YOUR POST TO ADD FURTHER REPLIES

• Like 1

IMHO those boards are only used by wannabe smartypants who don't have a clue but want to appear important! The number of scripts doesn't say anything about how much lag they create. A single script spawning lots of prims can lag down a sim until a complete stop, so I wouldn't give a Cent on those boards.

Same is with the script memory they show. For each LSL2 script, they will count 16 KB because they will always use that amount of memory. And for each LSL Mono script, they will count 64 KB because that is the maximum they can use, but the actual amount of allocated memory will be most time be much smaller because LSL Mono scripts allocate only as much memory as they need. So that figure is pretty much nonsense, too.

I agree Ansariel, like so many things in SL a little bit of knowledge used in the wrong way is a pain. The OP mentioned being asked to remove AO which IMO  is a joke, because I`ve never had an AO that comes even close to registering at a bad level.

Maybe the people using these boards will at some point be better educated by someone who`s opinion they trust, but in the meantime, right or wrong, they do have the right to make stupid rules on their own land.

• Like 1

As someone that is known for wearing lots of "stuff" I totally agree with you about how annoying it must be. If I go somewhere that expects me to take all my stuff off, I decide whether I want to be at that place more than I want to be "me" & if the answer is no, then I leave.

If I know the landowner personally, I would try to inform them which scripts it is worth targetting and which ones are just overkill, but in most cases you just have to agree to the rules that people set for their land or go somewhere else. At the end of the day, they pay to make their own rules.

for me so stupid . not much ppl no know how make script but is happy to make is stuff and sold it so me i i buy it to help ppl make is stuff and me i wear it bc i like it .how can explore if you be ejected from this board hmmm i be like 3 time in 3 sim . anyways i says what i have to says this thing stupide boards stupide build

and is not me going grifer all the sime . someone goin do it not me . me i think is all that stupide thing be happen in sl bad ppl be anger do bad thing yaaay injoy sl woow . yes i will decide what i want in sl if i injoy bc sl is 3d game and chat . and i use my rl money to pay stuff . bye for now and i will fight for this board not exist that all

You can try, but I doubt you will be able to do anything about it. Like I said, people pay to own land & they get to choose who is allowed on to their land, it is not your "right" to be on their land. If they say, you can come on my land, but you can not wear scripted objects, you either agree to their rules or you don`t get in.

You could do what I do, I bought my own sim and I wear as many scripts as I want to on MY land....But that doesn`t mean I will let other people do the same thing there lol :D

Good luck with your mission :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.