Hands won't keep their property.

Lisanna Lauria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

I'm making poses since a while now using Qavimator and today I came across a problem I never experienced and I can't find the problem. When I upload a pose and set the hands property (lets say I put "fist" for both), once I uploaded the pose it's the basic relaxed hands. All my joints are locked (nothing at 0) and I'm not wearing my AO either. I tried 3 differents viewers (V2, Phoenix and Firestorm) to upload the poses, and I uploaded them from 2 differents avatars... the problem is always there.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??? :matte-motes-crying:

Thanks for any help! 

Well, i don't think i can help you but I can give you my experiences.

Sorry, my hands always end up being right. This does not mean they do not change, because they do. They will, occassionally, while playing the animation, the hand seems to try to switch to the right pose, but then freezed to the spread hand pose. I have no idea why. It seems to be a completely random thing. With AOs, I counter this by including a typing hand pose when I think it does not look out of place. The only consistency that I can see, it that it happens with fist and relaxed hands more often, and never happens with typing hands. Who knows tho, maybe I just use those the most, lol.

i've noticed the same thing when uploading my animations, and it happens randomly.  i don't have an answer for it either but i did notice if i went back a few days later and played the same animation, the hands are as i adjusted them when uploading.  Give it a wait and also try having someone else see the animation from their own viewer as you play it inworld and ask how they see the hands!  Good luck and have fun!

heatherr Noel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.