not happy with LL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I made a purchase at a store, and tried to rez it (no land restrictions on rezzing there). It didn't rez, and gave me an error like "Attempt to rez object failed."

The item I purchased never showed up again in my inventory.

So I tried to find a category for 'lost inventory' in the support ticket creation form to get someone at LL to help. No category even remotely close. Submitted a ticket anyway under the marketplace category since that was the only thing remotely close, and eventually got a message back from LL saying they aren't going to help because this is not a marketplace issue.

UGGGGHH! Is this LL's way of saying "We don't really care" ??

I'm sorry, I meant Technical Questions and there is that option when I create a case. It's possible that it's a premium membership option only, are you a premium member?

If you aren't a premium member, you could try going the Answers tab in the forum and Post a Question about how you can find the object you tried to rez. Someone may be able to guide you through how to find it. You're likely to get more feedback when you ask it as a question instead of just a regular message, you may get more answers that can help you.

This happened to me a couple of days ago...I tried everything to recover, cleared cache, relogged into Smith to reload my inventory, logged into the beta grid to let it load there...it never came back.  Didn't even try to file a ticket, just went and repurchased :(

Amethyst Oodles wrote:

If you are a Basic member, then pretty much yes. The reason there is no suitable ticket is because they will only give Basic support to basic members, to encourage you to upgrade to Premium. Upgrading won`t necessarily get your item back either, but they won`t tell you that until after you upgrade lol.

As a different course of action, try contacting the Creator of the object that you lost, this sort of thing is fairly common in SL and most decent creators will replace lost things even its not their fault.

Amethyst Oodles wrote:

Yep.  Actually we register so low that they don't even bother saying that they don't care.  They just let you figure out that one for yourself.

Your only real hope is to contact the creator of the item and ask them for help/replacement.  I would not even waste my precious time on this earth trying to get real help out of LL.  Just take what LL gives you and be happy with it.  I think that worthless free accounts like us can file tickets on some issues, but to be honest, I haven't really looked into it because I can't really hope to get a better result than I did when I had a premium account and filed support tickets.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.