AO(visibly) working for all but 1 person?

s2Pandora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi there. This has been an ongoing problem for years. One of my avatars, for myself and any of my alts her override works fine.. however my fiance constantly sees my one avatar going in to default poses(standing or walking). This happens with any of the overrides I put on, from either Tuty's or Vista, and it only happens to him. On my end everything looks to work just fine, as well as the alt I have stationed next to her to check as well. We cannot figure out at all what is causing it. It happens for none of my other alts with AO's from the same creators. Only the one.

He has tried reinstalling Firestorm(clean), I have tried resetting scripts. Is there anything anyone can suggest trying? This is getting aggravating after so long, and we've tried everything we can think of.

Perhaps we're missing something?

Would be suuuuuper appreciative if anybody has any tips or clues, thanks!

4 answers to this question

When he reinstalled, did he do a "clean" reinstall?  Here's instructions on how to be sure all the stuff the viewer installs is removed:  https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_clean_install

Also:  has he made an alt, and tried with a completely new account?  If that solves the problem, then file a Support Case with Linden Lab so they can give your fiance's main account a checkup.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

Hi there. This has been an ongoing problem for years. One of my avatars, for myself and any of my alts her override works fine.. however my fiance constantly sees my one avatar going in to default poses(standing or walking). This happens with any of the overrides I put on, from either Tuty's or Vista, and it only happens to him.

I can't offer any real but maybe a clue where to look at least. All animations are run client side so the animation movements you see are generated by your computer, the ones he sees by his. So the problem is clearly found either in his connection or his viewer/computer.

First thing to check is probably packet loss. Ask him to look in the "About Firestorm" window (he'll find it in the help menu). You'll find the packet loss since log on right at the bottom of the text there. Also look in the stats window (Ctrl+Shift+1) to check current packet loss.

5 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

I can't offer any real but maybe a clue where to look at least. All animations are run client side so the animation movements you see are generated by your computer, the ones he sees by his. So the problem is clearly found either in his connection or his viewer/computer.

First thing to check is probably packet loss. Ask him to look in the "About Firestorm" window (he'll find it in the help menu). You'll find the packet loss since log on right at the bottom of the text there. Also look in the stats window (Ctrl+Shift+1) to check current packet loss.

Thanks, we checked but both windows say 0.0%, so i'm assuming no loss. He and I are on the same connection, and I haven't been having any issues of the sort.. We figured it was probably something on his end, but what we can't figure out. Especially given that he's reinstalled the game multiple times over the years and it still does it.

Edited by s2Pandora

14 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

When he reinstalled, did he do a "clean" reinstall?  Here's instructions on how to be sure all the stuff the viewer installs is removed:  https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_clean_install

Also:  has he made an alt, and tried with a completely new account?  If that solves the problem, then file a Support Case with Linden Lab so they can give your fiance's main account a checkup.

He's done several clean installs, yes. Followed the instructions on the FS page. He has not made an alt though, I will mention that to him when he gets home to give it a try.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.