TV you can watch with friends

Lycoris Bluebird

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 1 month later...

You can turn just about any prim you want into a functional monitor with resources from the public script library, a friend of mine made us a TV to watch some YouTube on a few weeks back with no prior scripting experience.

Or you can cough up the L$ to purchase a ready-made product off the MP and just follow the instructions carefully.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

You can turn just about any prim you want into a functional monitor with resources from the public script library, a friend of mine made us a TV to watch some YouTube on a few weeks back with no prior scripting experience.

Or you can cough up the L$ to purchase a ready-made product off the MP and just follow the instructions carefully.

not everyone wants to learn to script to get something in sl... and not everyone wants to have to know how to edit scripts to make something work either. some people do just want a buy and use solution at times..

On 4/13/2020 at 5:44 PM, Hacker Bluebird said:

Anyone know of a TV in secondlife that you can watch simultaneously with your friends? 

A TV I used to be able to do that with many years ago for example was the Icarus TV but they stopped usage of it in 2016.

I just wanna be able to watch movies with my friends. 🙂

There are some tv's on the mp that do that but it takes time trying to search through them to find the right one. some require a little editing of the script or land settings to get to work, some dont. I dont really have any offers of which is better, because I just usually use something like the service that was known as rabitt to do that.

16 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

not everyone wants to learn to script to get something in sl... and not everyone wants to have to know how to edit scripts to make something work either. some people do just want a buy and use solution at times..

Hence the second line. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Update on that TV I linked + some looking around MP.
That TV syncs in the sense that you can  auto-play to start the video at same time however it will not  synch pauses etc. There are enough free ones (IM if you need URL) that act as simple YouTube script object, however withou sync option. Honestly I returnd that TV as clicking a button together is the same as clicking play together, plus nobody really  controls the stream  which is what I was looking  for. 
Deimos has some TV  with real sync, they have been around for ages, however price tag is a little different. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.