Lara 5.1 update question

SunnySunnyson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, SunnySunnyson said:

I got the update for Lara 5.1 to start trying to use BOM. I know I need to add the body. But, what about the add-on parts item? Do I need that? Also the clothing, tattoo, and underwear layers...if I'm going to use BOM, do I need to add them too? 

Thanks!

Hi Sunny! If you're planning on going BOM, you'll want to use the Add-ons, as these allow you to "smooth out" your cleavage, nipples, crotch, and toes for when you're using system layer clothing (for instance, tees or panties or jeans, socks, or stockings). One of the add-ons is the hidden mesh bits that do the smoothing, and the second the HUD to control them.

The other layers are optional, if you want to use appliers instead of (or in addition to) BOM system layer stuff. Don't add them unless you think you'll need or want them: unless they are actually in use, they are just adding needlessly to your avatar's complexity. Your HUD will automatically detect which ones, if any, you've added.

4 hours ago, SunnySunnyson said:

Also the clothing, tattoo, and underwear layers...if I'm going to use BOM, do I need to add them too?

Just wear what you want to use.  I still have some applier tattoos I like and those will require a layer for when I want to wear them.  Other than that, the vast majority of the time I am only wearing the body and no layers.

So keep all the parts but don't feel like you have to wear them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.