Need a Head with LL UVs

Ajay Giano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What exactly are you trying to create? If you just need a head that works with BOM, pick basically any of the major brands in SL.

Alternatively, download the official models so you have the original UVs as they are. You can get them from a few places on the wiki, like this page. It includes .dae and .blend files, the model is neatly organized with named vertex groups (according to the bones and body parts they belong to).

3285c1f6ca.png

If you plan on creating skins, they have to be brand specific...sure BoM allows us to apply any texture to any head, but even tho they are SLUV compatible, how textures look once applied to each face differ and  A LOT....I would suggest regular dev kits which can be found either in demo boxes, stores or official web sites, you will get their UVs ( superimpose with LL UV for comparison if needed), plus creators  add other helpful bits...

You can do a rough sketch using SL basic head and use it to work over seams then fine tune using specific UVs and ofc you are definitely going to have to test a lot, especially first time, it takes a while to learn how UV stretches and what potential problem areas are for each brand...Some do offer 3D models, but for that you need to be established creator with good track record (i.e. no DMCA complaints), share your real life info and sign a legally binding document.

If on the other hand you are creating make up, then UVs are more then enough and unlike skins, you will be able to reuse same textures across brands (for the most part, lipstick won˙t work for example)...

anyways, I`m late to the party, but this might help someone else:)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.