Texture Issue when Viewing Avatar (Firestorm)

Ajay McDowwll

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My husband's avatar textures are failing to appear as they should for me since he updated his Signature Gianni body.  Viewer is Firestorm 6.3.2 (58052) Sep 27 2019 22:41:52 (64bit).

520650258_SynisMessedUp_001.thumb.png.f759172bdb8fdf476cbf8ce37fe47602.png

The black and white above on his abdomen, chest, and neck should NOT be there.
I've already posted about this here:  https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/451086-my-husbands-body/

I tried the suggestions I was given on that thread:  right-click and refresh textures, teleporting, clearing my texture cache... it's stayed the same.  He's reapplied his body applier numerous times (this has been going on for days), to no avail on my end of the viewer.  He sees himself as just fine, and I can verify it because his monitor is beside mine.

How do I make Firestorm display his avatar correctly?  Thank you for any assistance you are able to offer.

4 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

My husband's avatar textures are failing to appear as they should for me since he updated his Signature Gianni body.  Viewer is Firestorm 6.3.2 (58052) Sep 27 2019 22:41:52 (64bit).

520650258_SynisMessedUp_001.thumb.png.f759172bdb8fdf476cbf8ce37fe47602.png

The black and white above on his abdomen, chest, and neck should NOT be there.
I've already posted about this here:  https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/451086-my-husbands-body/

I tried the suggestions I was given on that thread:  right-click and refresh textures, teleporting, clearing my texture cache... it's stayed the same.  He's reapplied his body applier numerous times (this has been going on for days), to no avail on my end of the viewer.  He sees himself as just fine, and I can verify it because his monitor is beside mine.

How do I make Firestorm display his avatar correctly?  Thank you for any assistance you are able to offer.

Out of curiosity, have you check what you see via the LL Viewer?

17 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Out of curiosity, have you check what you see via the LL Viewer?

I hadn't -- I don't use the LL viewer ever -- but since you mentioned it I checked it out on the LL Viewer and he appears normally on that (as well as on his own monitor; he's running the same version of Firestorm as I).

So it's definitely my particular instance of Firestorm that's having issues.

Edited by Ajay McDowwll

13 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

I hadn't -- I don't use the LL viewer ever -- but since you mentioned it I checked it out on the LL Viewer and he appears normally on that (as well as on his own monitor; he's running the same version of Firestorm as I).

So it's definitely my particular instance of Firestorm that's having issues.

See Skell's suggestion in that other thread - specifically about the full clean install.  That's probably your best bet at this point.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

See Skell's suggestion in that other thread - specifically about the full clean install.  That's probably your best bet at this point.

YUCK.  Okay, sounds fun LOL.  Wonder if I can get that managed in 20... nah, I'll wait until morning and let my inventory try to load up while I'm grocery shopping.  Sigh.

Thank you!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.