Mainland - Old Land not used for years

Roxzi Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey there SL experts!!  :) 

I have a beautiful island in Kiha.. water all around.. two other islands on one side and behind are also super beautiful, however.. right next to my island and right in front of it are lands that have been owned since 2005 and 2008.  Both have seriously ugly buildings from those periods.. the owners of both haven't been on for many years.  My question is.. are they still paying tiers for these lands, or is it possible the land was really free back then?  is there anything anyone can do to either remove the buildings from the land?  I would even buy the land just to make it pretty.. 

Thank you for any help or knowledge you can offer. 

kiha 1_002.jpg

kiha 1_001.jpg

6 answers to this question

46 minutes ago, Roxzi Ravenheart said:

Hey there SL experts!!  :) 

I have a beautiful island in Kiha.. water all around.. two other islands on one side and behind are also super beautiful, however.. right next to my island and right in front of it are lands that have been owned since 2005 and 2008.  Both have seriously ugly buildings from those periods.. the owners of both haven't been on for many years.  My question is.. are they still paying tiers for these lands, or is it possible the land was really free back then?  is there anything anyone can do to either remove the buildings from the land?  I would even buy the land just to make it pretty.. 

Thank you for any help or knowledge you can offer. 

if the land is owned most likey there's still paid for, or possible grandfathered very old land for lifetime members.
The owners may seem offline all that time, but also a chance they come online with a alternative account.

Ugly buildings are a feature on mainland :)

is there anything anyone can do to either remove the buildings from the land? 

how would you feel if others have the ability to delete items on your land that they don''t like?, Derender ( not available in the LL viewer i think) is your friend in this case.

• Like 2

If the land is owned by an individual, they're almost certainly either still paying tier or one of those lifetime members, as Alwin suggests. In that case, there's nothing much to be done about it.

If, on the other hand, it's group-owned, there's some hope that it's no longer covered by sufficient (or any) contributed tier -- the mechanism for detecting that condition seems to be pretty unreliable. There used to be a way for residents to discover the contributed-tier of any group, but that was nerfed years ago, so now you'd need to file a support ticket to ask if the owning group is under-tiered and to offer to buy the property if it can be force-abandoned. It's worked for me -- rarely.

• Like 3

Qie… I think this is the case both properties are group-owned., the one right in front looks like it used to be some sort of club.. there is never anyone on any of these lands except random noobs.  

I will put in a support ticket and ask about the under-tiered and will offer to buy the property.  I seriously doubt that the owners are still using the lands.  

Thank you everyone for the suggestions.. I so love that this forum is here to ask questions and get real answers and suggestions! xoxox

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

if the land is owned most likey there's still paid for, or possible grandfathered very old land for lifetime members.
The owners may seem offline all that time, but also a chance they come online with a alternative account.

Ugly buildings are a feature on mainland :)

how would you feel if others have the ability to delete items on your land that they don''t like?, Derender ( not available in the LL viewer i think) is your friend in this case.

if I am off world for 10+ years.. pretty sure I wouldn't care if someone removed my ugly buildings etc..  because.... I am not there!!  lol

14 minutes ago, Roxzi Ravenheart said:

if I am off world for 10+ years.. pretty sure I wouldn't care if someone removed my ugly buildings etc..  because.... I am not there!!  lol

point is.. you don't know if they aren't around. If they still are owners and paying, it's clearly worth it for them to keep it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.