Does anyone agree the lighting/material system looks better in Sansar? Is it possible to apply it to Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1328 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 3/16/2020 at 2:07 AM, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Maybe because SL only uses albedo, normal and specular maps, and Sansar uses albedo, normal, specular, displacement, roughness, glossiness, ambient occlusion, emission, opacity, subsurface scattering, and rumpipumpo maps?

You would be surprized how you don't really even need all those "maps" to get "real".  I've taken pictures of fabric with my Nikon 24-megapixel camera and put the photo on chairs and it looks real because it is real and you can see all the real threads and the real shading is in the photograph already and you really can see the actual threads and it has a 3D look just from the camera.   I always say my Nikon 24 megapixel camera is like seeing for the first time it's so amazing, as well as it's a whole other world this camera.  All of those steps could be skipped if people learned to make textures with this kind of a camera instead of drawing some flat kind of texture.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1328 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.