How to use textures from a texture organizer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to SL, and I'm learning how to build & texture.  I know how to apply textures from my inventory, but I've just aquired a free texture organizer from MP which comes already loaded with lots of textures, and I can't figure out how to actually apply the textures from the organizer to an object I'm building!  Can anyone please advise me?

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

Usually with texture organizers you left click the texture you want and it's transfered to your inventory, where you can then use it to apply to a build.

Now why didn't I think of trying that?  I knew it would end up being something really obvious and simple like that! 😊

Thanks a lot for your help!

4 hours ago, LunaThyme said:

Now why didn't I think of trying that?😊

If you're new and have gotten used to appearance-related HUDs and appliers then it's only natural to use those as your model when trying to figure out a texture organiser.

Chances are a free texture organiser on MP predates clothing HUDS and skin appliers too, and its instructions may reflect an older set of habits and knowledge.

Welcome to Second Life. It's confusing but worth the effort. Glad you're building too, it's magic :)

14 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

If you're new and have gotten used to appearance-related HUDs and appliers then it's only natural to use those as your model when trying to figure out a texture organiser.

Chances are a free texture organiser on MP predates clothing HUDS and skin appliers too, and its instructions may reflect an older set of habits and knowledge.

Welcome to Second Life. It's confusing but worth the effort. Glad you're building too, it's magic :)

I actually got 2 free texture organizers, and neither of them had any instructions at all, that's why I had to ask here!  Now I have so many textures I can use - which have given me loads of inspiration for stuff I can have a go at building...  I can't wait to get started!  😁

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LunaThyme said:

I actually got 2 free texture organizers, and neither of them had any instructions at all, that's why I had to ask here!  Now I have so many textures I can use - which have given me loads of inspiration for stuff I can have a go at building...  I can't wait to get started!  😁

Do you know about Builders Brewery yet? They have classes and lots of freebies for building. Helping Haven is good too.

My favourite stores for textures are Timeless Textures, USC, and Texture Me True. They all have good groups and great owners.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Do you know about Builders Brewery yet? They have classes and lots of freebies for building. Helping Haven is good too.

My favourite stores for textures are Timeless Textures, USC, and Texture Me True. They all have good groups and great owners.

Thanks, I'll check them out! 😃

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.