You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

If there isn't an Avatar icon on your lower taskbar already, you can either add one or (even easier) choose Me >> Choose an Avatar from the menu at the top of your screen (that's Avatar >> Choose an Avatar if you happen to be using the Firestorm viewer).

There are several ways to do this, @hope22dec!

1.  Find the "Avatars" button.  By default, it's located on the left edge of your screen.  It has the symbol of two people on it.  However, you can move buttons around, or delete them, so it may be in a different place or not shown.  You can right click any of the buttons and you'll get a choice that lets you see all the available toolbar buttons.  If the Avatars button is in that window, just drag it to the left, bottom, or right edge of your screen to dock it there.

2.  Use the top menu bar.  As Rolig suggests, the command is under the leftmost menu item, called "Me" in the standard viewer and "Avatar" in the Firestorm viewer.

3.  Use your inventory.  Open inventory with the suitcase button, or CTRL+i.  Browse to the folder Library\Clothing\Initial Outfits.  Each of the subfolders in there is a complete avatar.  Either right click an avatar folder and choose Replace Current Outfit, or drag the folder from your inventory and drop it onto your avatar.

By the way, this is not "creating" an avatar.  It is changing to a different avatar, or more correctly, to a different Outfit.  Besides these "starter" avatars, you will find many other avatars, plus clothing, hair, and accessories to customize your look in any way you can imagine.  A lot of it is even free!  Try visiting The Free Dove, or the little shopping street at New Resident Island.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.