Purchased Item was not in box; received wrong item

Brooke Brandenburg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just purchased an ultra rare gacha item from the Second Life Marketplace. When I received it, it contained an item that was not even listed as the one being sold. I paid $750 for a dress and boots and instead received ONLY a fitted skirt with veil (*Amaelle* FDD Stories gacha items). 

As this is a gacha item, I know it cannot be redelivered. However, I paid the price for ultra rares and did not receive them. Also, I cannot determine who the seller is in order to ask for either a refund or replacement with correct (as advertised) items.

What is my recourse? Do I have to just eat this and like it or is it possible to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help!

FDD_Amaelle.jpg

4 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, Brooke Brandenburg said:

I just purchased an ultra rare gacha item from the Second Life Marketplace. When I received it, it contained an item that was not even listed as the one being sold. I paid $750 for a dress and boots and instead received ONLY a fitted skirt with veil (*Amaelle* FDD Stories gacha items). 

As this is a gacha item, I know it cannot be redelivered. However, I paid the price for ultra rares and did not receive them. Also, I cannot determine who the seller is in order to ask for either a refund or replacement with correct (as advertised) items.

What is my recourse? Do I have to just eat this and like it or is it possible to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Your MP order history will show you who you actually paid for the product.   Contact that person about the issue.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

13 minutes ago, Brooke Brandenburg said:

It does. But when I do a search for the name, I only find avatars who appear to be inactive or do not indicate that they sell @ MP.  :(

I find: [redacted]

First - remove the names as naming isn't allowed on the forums.

Profiles don't always show everything about a seller, especially if they are only selling a few gatchas.  Just try to contact the seller inworld.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.