A proper way to flag a review

Tattooshop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! What to do with two words  review in a style "doesn't work"? Is it possible to flag such a review and what category does it fall into, if possible?

The buyer did not even attempt to contact me. And does not respond to my messages.

I know this is hopeless, just interesting :)

Edited by Tattooshop

1 hour ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

When I see poor reviews on MP, I ALWAYS look to see how the creator responded in the comments. Not everyone does this of course, but it can be a way to show good customer service on your part and that counts for a lot with some of us.

Thanks you so much! I always do just that.
I am very pleased that you treated me with understanding!

I expected that angry posts would start like - "it was better to work on your product" and "the buyer has the right to leave any review in their opinion". (Which is true, of course).
just very interesting what if just "lol" is written there? I could not unfortunately find the Spam option.
I think the seller’s protection is not organized in the best way. For example, I met a review on a very famous brand product, where it was written simply "Animations look not beautiful." 
I believe, and this is my personal opinion, such a review is a manifestation of disrespect (my case, for example) since it does not carry any information for other users and is knowingly false, it is misleading.
if linden labs leaves such reviews, then they think that I should respect the opinion of this person, and why should I respect the opinion of someone who does not respect me?
No, I am not against healthy criticism, and I enjoy reading the "bad" review, which describes the weaknesses and my omissions, this helps to improve the quality of the product.

Again, this is just my opinion, and I will be glad to know the opinion of other sellers on this matter.
and yes, for me this is more than just work, I perceive it probably too personally... 

Sorry for a lot of text! :)

I have a bit of a different take, and this is coming from someone who has gotten a review that was rather unfairly given with little option for me, as the seller, the remedy the problem....

The fact that your first thought when coming across such a review is "remove it" or "flag it", is a problem in and of itself (but I'm not saying that makes you a bad person or bad seller, ftr.). I am 100% behind sellers, in nearly all ways, but sometimes...we're wrong, lol. At the same time, you have to be reasonable yourself, and you're not doing so when your immediate reaction is to want to remove any evidence of a review you don't like.  You see reviews that don't sufficiently meet your expectations as disrespect and I think that's indicative of a disconnect between you, customers, and reviews, and that may be a problem (not a huge one, it's easily fixable, lol, but sellers aren't superhuman or something, none of us, we make mistakes, and not everyone is going to like everything we do/make/create/sell...whether or not we agree with them). Sellers get few reviews to begin with, so if we're going to start getting super judgmental on those they do get (regardless of how informative, or helpful, you, as an individual think they are), we're going to see even less of them. I think that's a stupid approach, to put it bluntly, when there's a much better option for dealing with them. You're looking at reviews from a different perspective than I am, and I am certain I look at them from a different perspective than others too..none of us 100% right or wrong in our opinions, though. 

You can, as a seller, choose to be the bigger person, if you find a problematic review, and make the choice to consciously attempt to resolve or address the issue...or you can take the ultimately idiotic (imo) route and just remove any possible indication that you're not the perfect seller or make the decision that all reviews need to meet your expectations and any that don't are merely disrespect and nothing more and somehow LL should decide they don't belong....One speaks highly of you in a  positive manner, the other doesn't, and would in fact indicate (to many people) that the customer may not always be wrong in their piss poor assessment(s) of your/our work, even if they word it in a way you don't like. Maybe your(general you, not you specifically of course) work actually does suck and isn't worth  more than "doesn't work" or "it sucks" or "it's not pretty", or something...even if it's not how YOU or I would say it, that doesn't make it an invalid opinion.  That's why I say addressing the issue as a seller, is a better option than simply choosing to get rid of it, because you'll say far more to potential customers when they can see how you deal with less than ideal situations.  For a lot of us this is far more than just "work", and we take things personally too, but sometimes we might see things that aren't what we think they are. That's not a knock on us as individuals, but being unable to accept that not everyone does things , or thinks about things, the same way we do...won't help us any.

I have had customers think that reviews are the only way to get a hold of me....clearly, that's not true, but belittling them or calling their version of contact some disrespect (and really, those examples are not even remotely disrespectful, I don't get that assessment of them at all, imo) isn't going to help either one of us, or potential future customers whatsoever. That can be a tricky balance, but it's one all of us need to find. 

All yous and your, etc.. are all general of course. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

I have a bit of a different take, and this is coming from someone who has gotten a review that was rather unfairly given with little option for me, as the seller, the remedy the problem....

The fact that your first thought when coming across such a review is "remove it" or "flag it", is a problem in and of itself (but I'm not saying that makes you a bad person or bad seller, ftr.). I am 100% behind sellers, in nearly all ways, but sometimes...we're wrong, lol. At the same time, you have to be reasonable yourself, and you're not doing so when your immediate reaction is to want to remove any evidence of a review you don't like.  You see reviews that don't sufficiently meet your expectations as disrespect and I think that's indicative of a disconnect between you, customers, and reviews, and that may be a problem (not a huge one, it's easily fixable, lol, but sellers aren't superhuman or something, none of us, we make mistakes, and not everyone is going to like everything we do/make/create/sell...whether or not we agree with them). Sellers get few reviews to begin with, so if we're going to start getting super judgmental on those they do get (regardless of how informative, or helpful, you, as an individual think they are), we're going to see even less of them. I think that's a stupid approach, to put it bluntly, when there's a much better option for dealing with them. You're looking at reviews from a different perspective than I am, and I am certain I look at them from a different perspective than others too..none of us 100% right or wrong in our opinions, though. 

You can, as a seller, choose to be the bigger person, if you find a problematic review, and make the choice to consciously attempt to resolve or address the issue...or you can take the ultimately idiotic (imo) route and just remove any possible indication that you're not the perfect seller or make the decision that all reviews need to meet your expectations and any that don't are merely disrespect and nothing more and somehow LL should decide they don't belong....One speaks highly of you in a  positive manner, the other doesn't, and would in fact indicate (to many people) that the customer may not always be wrong in their piss poor assessment(s) of your/our work, even if they word it in a way you don't like. Maybe your(general you, not you specifically of course) work actually does suck and isn't worth  more than "doesn't work" or "it sucks" or "it's not pretty", or something...even if it's not how YOU or I would say it, that doesn't make it an invalid opinion.  That's why I say addressing the issue as a seller, is a better option than simply choosing to get rid of it, because you'll say far more to potential customers when they can see how you deal with less than ideal situations.  For a lot of us this is far more than just "work", and we take things personally too, but sometimes we might see things that aren't what we think they are. That's not a knock on us as individuals, but being unable to accept that not everyone does things , or thinks about things, the same way we do...won't help us any.

I have had customers think that reviews are the only way to get a hold of me....clearly, that's not true, but belittling them or calling their version of contact some disrespect (and really, those examples are not even remotely disrespectful, I don't get that assessment of them at all, imo) isn't going to help either one of us, or potential future customers whatsoever. That can be a tricky balance, but it's one all of us need to find. 

All yous and your, etc.. are all general of course. 

Thank you very much for such a detailed and useful answer! I learned a lot from it for myself!
indeed, when I was just starting out, I tried to get rid of the negative review in any way. I spent a lot of time and effort trying to help people who do not want to be helped. but then I got tired of it and ... just turned off all review notifications. Of course, this is an extreme, but life has become a little but easier. if a person has a problem with my product and they needs my help - I am at their service inworld. negative review is not the best way to solve a problem, agree? sometimes I look through the review and here the strength of a bad habit probably worked and I lost my temper a little. As a result, this topic appeared. Sorry, I didn’t want to offend anyone, I wish you all happiness!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it can be fun to use your response to a review just to keep selling your product.
However, if people are leaving 1-2 star ratings for whatever reason and the reviews are not really related to the product, but there is no subheading called "Review irrelevant or negative without explanation", you could lose business as people search for things and your product appears to be low stars - but is still a respectable product.

"Don't like it" isn't really a review.. Yet it doesn't fall under any 'abusive' reports.. It's just a mysterious low-rating from who knows who - and it stays on there.

This is why I have been petitioning LL to update their rating systems to a more basic way, or join other websites in keeping it positive, with perhaps just a thumbs up or nothing. If you allow thumbs down, there has to be some kind of reason at least for the seller to correct, and for a buyer to make an informed decision.

"This sucks" "I hate it" "Needs to be in orange" aren't really helpful, yet they have no subheading to report them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.