Older furries?

Tamanni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since switching to being furry, I've run up against a problem. I am over 50 in RL, but all the furry clubs I've found seem to be populated with people at least 10 years younger than my kids, which means that we have next to nothing in common with one another. All they seem to talk about is anime and video-games, neither of which I know anything about. Do mature furries exist at all? If so, where can I find them? At the very least, I'd like to find a furry club that plays music I can stand, instead of endless rave and house. Are there any older furry rockers/punks out there, or am I unique? 

Failing that, any friendly general rock/punk clubs that welcome furries and are active in local chat?

I'm only a part-time furry, but the IYC often plays rock, not always but certainly more often than any other furry club I've been to. Though I couldn't say whether the age demographic is any different, I suspect not (I am closer to your age than theirs, I think).

My go-to general rock clubs are Ohana and The River, as far as I know, furries are welcome in both of those. But for friendly chat I like the Shelter best (I have seen you there so you know about that one already) and also the events that happen in Bellisseria. You don't have to be a Bellisseria resident to go to those, just join the Bellisseria Events group to find them.

The chances of you finding something like this are slim to none tbh. Just to be fully honest.

Consider that older members in general are a very small minority in the greater furry community to begin with, and those within it who play SecondLife are a small minority as well, it’s trying to find the small group that fits both categories and I doubt there’s enough to where there would be regular gatherings of any sort.

I would suggest asking around various popular furry locations for anyone who’s of a similar age who is already in a group, or potentially to try and start one. Otherwise there are plenty of other locations that will cater to the age demographic you’re looking for more, but they won’t be furry centric, I doubt they would care about your avatar, but might fit comfortably into those scenes a bit better.

• Like 1

You could try Heart of Gold. It's not as populated as say IYC. On Sunday nights in particular, there is a DJane that plays rock mixed in with some novelty songs. She gets a fairly active local chat going. There's a few of us are over 45. I am, but I'm hardly mature (and not really a furry), but I'm sure the others might be more your cup of tea. Friday night is more quiet, but the DJ plays rock on occasion and some specialty sets. He is one of the original furries and I believe over 55 years old.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.