Actions when I sit

gboom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, since last night I cannot choose options of actions when I sit anywhere in oRgAsMs. It work in the others places but not there. I can participate if someone else decide what actions we will do but I can't. Do you know what is happening to me? Thanks!

9 answers to this question

It's a little difficult to answer, because you are experiencing something that is peculiar to either the specific place where you happen to be sitting or to the way you have your SL viewer configured.  Most places where you decide to sit in SL do not offer you a menu of sitting options.  The ones that do are usually controlled by a script system such as AvSitter, which can be customized by whoever created them.  The customization might include allowing only specific people or members of specific groups to sit.  If you are not on the access list, you can't use whatever you are trying to sit on.  Or, as I suggested earlier, you might be using a viewer like Firestorm that includes he RLV option.  When activated, RLV allows other people to take control of your avatar under limited conditions.  I do not know of the particular spot where you are having your problem, but the name suggests that it might be a place where you are expected to have RLV activated. If so, then someone else may be deciding what you are allowed to do.

Really, though, without any more information all anyone can do to help is guess.

A "viewer" is the software you run to get into Second Life.  "RLV" is a set of functions that some viewers have.  If activated, it allows other people to control your actions.  The standard viewer software that you download from the SL website does not have these functions.

If you cannot sit on things in one particular place, it might be because...

• You might need to activate the group tag for that club.  Check to see if that tag is showing in the nametag over your head.  Or
  • You might have accidentally blocked the owner of the scripted furniture.  Right click a piece of furniture and see if "Unblock" shows up as an option.

1 hour ago, gboom said:

I can sit on things but I don't have a options menu showing up. I tested your suggestions and it doesn't worked.

In that case, you may be sitting on one of the many, many things that are not scripted to offer you choices.  Most aren't, after all.

Have you watched other people sitting on things there?  Do they have choices?

Oh, one other thing.  Often, when you attempt to sit on something, it will send you an animation request.  You have to click "accept" or "yes" on this request, or nothing happens.  If you wait too long, the request window goes away, and you then have to find it again by opening the little flag in the upper right of your screen with a number in it.

Also, if you have recently added an animation overrider (AO), it may have a higher priority than the sit animations, and be blocking them.  Turn it off.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.