the default "blank" texture is appearing for me as a web snapshot...how can i return it to plain?

Callie Carr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

the past few days, a few rezzed items have changed in appearance- 3 belonging to me, one to my partner. Not all have permissions to alter textures. I notice that the "blank" option in my edit facility is now showing the same texture- it is a snapshot of a webpage. i have no clue how this happened- or how to revert the "blank" texture to plain white.

6 answers to this question

There is a debug setting called DefaultObjectTexture which changes the default pine wood textures, but I`ve never seen one for ethe blank textue.

If you can`t find what you did to change it, you can always delete your user_settings wich you will find on your HD in the same folder as your logsand cache. Or if you are on Viewer 2 I believe there is a reset button in preferences.

It's possible that someone with manager-level powers has decided to use the "blank" texture (UUID = ""5748decc-f629-461c-9a36-a35a221fe21f"") as the texture for Prim Parcel Media in your parcel. If so, every surface with that texture on it will become a default screen for the designated media URL for your parcel.

ok, I really should spend a little more time trying stuff before I post. I have discovered that I can drag n drop a plain white texture onto the corrupted blank texture where i have permissions...but i cant change the texture where I dont have permissions, of course...so, i half naswered my own question...any more ideas?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.