Jump to content

Selling Real Life goods for Linden Dollars ?


Chandu141
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Unless something has changed, you are allowed to sell real world products through SL.

Although, I don't know what the policy is about listing real world products on Marketplace for example, since there's nothing there to facilitate real-world delivery when the payment is made.

You would most likely need to conduct your business completely in-world, but I don't think the average SL user is willing to share their real world details with strangers in that manner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Chandu141,

Here's a link to the MP listing policies: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines

Selling real world goods is not allowed on the MP:

Listings for Real-World Goods or Services. The SL Marketplace is only for digital content and services that are designed and intended for use with the Second Life virtual world technology. We expressly prohibit the listing or sale of any and all goods or services designed or intended to be delivered in the real world, for example, delivered in person or mailed or shipped to a physical address, or digital content designed or intended for use exclusively outside of Second Life.

As for what you do in world - that's up to you.  However, I do agree with Wulfie that the average SL user is not likely to share real world details.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/9/2020 at 7:20 PM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Unless something has changed, you are allowed to sell real world products through SL.

Although, I don't know what the policy is about listing real world products on Marketplace for example, since there's nothing there to facilitate real-world delivery when the payment is made.

You would most likely need to conduct your business completely in-world, but I don't think the average SL user is willing to share their real world details with strangers in that manner.

Actually i don't need to ask anyone personal details .. because i will be selling coupons  codes that are used for real world shopping etc.

23 hours ago, Arwen Serpente said:

Hi Chandu141,

Here's a link to the MP listing policies: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines

Selling real world goods is not allowed on the MP:

Listings for Real-World Goods or Services. The SL Marketplace is only for digital content and services that are designed and intended for use with the Second Life virtual world technology. We expressly prohibit the listing or sale of any and all goods or services designed or intended to be delivered in the real world, for example, delivered in person or mailed or shipped to a physical address, or digital content designed or intended for use exclusively outside of Second Life.

As for what you do in world - that's up to you.  However, I do agree with Wulfie that the average SL user is not likely to share real world details.

i am just checking, so i cant sell any RL related stuff on MP. Thanks for the info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

Hi All!

Per anonymous request. :)

The Marketplace Listing Guidelines specifically disallow listings on the Marketplace for real world goods. Any content listed on the Marketplace should be for content/services for use within Second Life. 

This means that there are /some/ real worlds goods that are listed, but those are strictly limited to services like Music Streams that are used by DJ's and land owners but something like licenses for software, even though the software can be used for creating SL content, is disallowed. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/10/2020 at 11:30 PM, Dakota Linden said:

Hi All!

Per anonymous request. :)

The Marketplace Listing Guidelines specifically disallow listings on the Marketplace for real world goods. Any content listed on the Marketplace should be for content/services for use within Second Life. 

This means that there are /some/ real worlds goods that are listed, but those are strictly limited to services like Music Streams that are used by DJ's and land owners but something like licenses for software, even though the software can be used for creating SL content, is disallowed. 

Thanks for the info.. i totally understand now about the marketplace ,( is not for my products lol) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...