Random region freezes

Phate Shepherd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The past several days, we have been encountering random freezes on our home region. The symptoms typically are unable to rez, unable to edit items, unable to walk, etc. The freezes can last for up to around 30 seconds. They can happen very erratically... sometimes once in hours, sometime every couple minutes.

Last night, the region behaved OK for a few hours after a restart, but then started to act up again.

Server version: 2019-12-04T20:29:26.533447 with the 30K upgrade.

Ping times around 66ms, no packet loss. Time dilation around .995, physics FPS around 44.8fps, Scripts Run around 77%

What diagnostic steps can I do to narrow down the cause? Right now, I'm leaning toward blaming the SL migration to the cloud.

None of the regions have gone there yet. I'd suggest opening a ticket with LL, they are best placed to look into this. It's not easy doing diagnostics with anything less than the estate console, and even then, if the problem isn't your region but another one that happens to be on the same server, you wouldn't be able to find it.

oh dear.  This sounds remarkably similar to the "Time Warp" bug that hit SL some years back, (the server was so locked up that it seemed unable to even respond to a ping request, though I see that the ping remains normal on your stats so I may be way off target because both ping and time dilation respectively rocketed or plummeted in Time Warp incidents.

Whatever the cause, this is one more issue that is going to need triaging from LL's end so it is definitely ticket time.  This has got to be something in the basic server-operating code that has changed, it is not the server/simulation software, I think.

Edited by Aishagain

• 4 weeks later...

Happens to me too, but not frequently. I have no rogue scripts in my land, all scripts here are mine (and most of them working for the last 2 years without any problem).
The funny things is, after the freeze, I start getting error 499 in the objects that uses the llHTTPRequest function. Copies of these objects in other regions don't receive the error.
I'm going to open a Jira about this.

Found a Jira that can be my problem with the error 499. Just the freeze remains.

Edited by NeevaBecketEmagan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.