Furnishing a houseboat

Fennet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been playing around with furnishing a houseboat, and could use helpful tips for grouping objects and collecting them together when I need to leave.

I did watch the Linden video on "moving your build" after I first asked this question, but others probably have more helpful ideas on the subject.

(My latest problem was linking the boat's parts together after unlinking them to change interior colors, so I really didn't get around to collecting boat and furnishings together yet. I'll have to try again.)

4 answers to this question

I assume that you are working in a public sandbox.  Otherwise, there'd be no reason to collect things together when you leave (log out?).  You really have two choices.  You can link everything together, if the pieces are close enough together and if there aren't too many of them, or you can select them as unlinked pieces and save the entire mass as a coalesced object. there are minor tricks and variations on both options, and you can get some handy tools (like Rez Foo or Builder's Buddy) to help.

BTW, you don't need to unlink anything when you want to change a texture.  Just select the linkset with your Edit tool, click the Select Texture button, and click on the face that you want to retexture.  Any change you make will only be applied to that face.

• Like 1

I did manage to link 2 objects together to make a window tonight. I didn't get the "broken rubik's cube" symbol in my inventory, but the onjects stayed linked. Yea!

I've read a lot of the building articles and gone through the basic tutorials on Livingtree, (which are great, BTW, except for the lag I experienced there).

There's just so doggone much to learn......I wish I could just yank the thing down into photoshop and paint it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.