Dozens unknown residents posts on my profile /home/trending tab

examining

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On my profile page, (https://my.secondlife.com/) of all avatars (main and alts) home/trending  tab, I receive dozens of unknown residents posts, snapshots as well as texts.
I tried settings/privacy/ making all tabs (about, real world etc) nobody or friends so that they stop coming, yet they do not.
Had not seen my profile of all avatars (main and alts) for a while due to the fact I've been facing real life emergencies recently (wildfire victim).

I looked at mine to see what you mean.  I also tried to look it up in Help but didn't find an answer, so here is my guess.  The Following tab shows posts from friends, but the Trending tab just shows the latest posts from anyone.  I don't know any of the people I can see in Trending but they look like the sort of people who like posting about themselves a lot. :)  Don't worry about it.

I'm sorry to hear you were the victim of a wildfire, and I hope you are managing to get back to some sort of normal life.

• Like 2

The Trending tab is where all recent activity is located, regardless of whether you are following them or not. If you are not logged in, the Home tab will be the same. 

If you are logged in, and looking at the Following tab, that should be just posts from your SL friendslist. In my case, that tab is entirely just one person, who seems to be the only one of my friends who actually uses it.

If you are on the Following tab and you see names you don't recognise, it may be that some of your friends have changed their display names. Or you have friends that you just forgot were there and you don't remember them.

• Like 1

-There is nobody in the following tab.  It's about the trending tab which is full of unknown to me residents.

-Thank you for your kind words. During the past year I resided in a fire victims camp.  I will try for something better in the new year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, examining said:

-There is nobody in the following tab.  It's about the trending tab which is full of unknown to me residents.

Then it's working correctly. Nobody in your friends list is posting anything, or your friends list is empty. The Trending tab always shows the most recent public posts from everyone in the whole of SL (who uses the feed - most people don't).

Note that this doesn't mean that these unknown people are following you or reading what you post. They might, if they happen to look at the Trending tab shortly after you've posted something public. You can restrict your feed to Friends only, if you want to.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.