Edit Slink Body Shape?

SynfulTreasure

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello all, I'm coming back from a break of several years and just obtained the Slink mesh body (or shape?  not sure what to call it).

I am trying to edit the shape (like make the waist thinner, hips larger, etc.), but when I I go to edit it, instead of taking me to the edit shape menu like traditional non-mesh bodies, it takes me to the object edit menu that allows you to stretch and rotate objects and such.  

The body bundle contained several huds but I only see things for nails, hands, feet, alpha layers, and all the youtube tutorials I tried went over these. I don't see anything that allows basic editing of the shape or discusses how to do it.

I have mod rights to it, and have definitely seen people with modded slink bodies.  I'm sure it's simple but I'm lost, any help would be appreciated.

4 answers to this question

The Slink mesh body is called a body. It still uses the classic shape item to give the body its shape. To edit the shape, just go into the Appearance panel for your viewer and click on the "shape" option. What you remember from your previous time still applies and it adjusts the same way... mostly. Some fitted/Bento mesh bodies may distort if the shape sliders are pushed to the extremes, so just be watchful of that.

Assuming the shape you want to use with your Slink body is modifiable, it should respond very nicely with changes to most shape adjustments.

You should also be able to find the shape being worn in your Inventory and right-click on it to bring up its context menu. Among the options listed should be one to "edit," if the shape is modifiable.

Edited by DilliDallagio
Added notes on modifiable shape and Inventory edit option.
  • Like 1

It takes you to the object menu, because the mesh body is an object and you clicked on it. But mesh bodies do react to your shape (which is a basic component of every avatar and you always have one). Go directly to that shape and open the edit menu from there (easiest is selecting it in your inventory or under currently worn outfit). Your mesh body will adapt accordingly.

On 12/3/2019 at 1:53 PM, SynfulTreasure said:

Hello all, I'm coming back from a break of several years and just obtained the Slink mesh body (or shape?  not sure what to call it).

I am trying to edit the shape (like make the waist thinner, hips larger, etc.), but when I I go to edit it, instead of taking me to the edit shape menu like traditional non-mesh bodies, it takes me to the object edit menu that allows you to stretch and rotate objects and such.  

The body bundle contained several huds but I only see things for nails, hands, feet, alpha layers, and all the youtube tutorials I tried went over these. I don't see anything that allows basic editing of the shape or discusses how to do it.

I have mod rights to it, and have definitely seen people with modded slink bodies.  I'm sure it's simple but I'm lost, any help would be appreciated.

I'm quite sure you don't have mod rights to the Slink body. What it sounds like is you're selecting the body when you're trying to edit your shape, which can be edited while wearing the Slink body just like the default avatar. Right-click your avatar's name tag and select "Edit My Shape" from the menu - that will keep you from selecting the body by mistake.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.