Huge intermittent sim overload

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, animats said:

The Lindens said that the group that shows up at Server User Group is atypical of the user community.

Yes, I got the feeling that we are generally concerned more with reliability of what's already there rather than the promise of greater things to come.

The biggest problem we face is of course, none of us have signed NDAs and so cannot be given more detailed explanations of the situation, and even if we were to, the fact of the meeting being streamed and blogged would circumvent such precautions anyway.

I think that, like the TP-fails issue earlier this year, we've going to have to grit our teeth and hope for improvements as and when.

In terms of atypicalness, I suppose the vast majority of SL-users don't care about scripted things working, they're more interested in clubbing and shopping? The point I was trying to make was, when the vendors in the shops start failing, when the Huds start breaking on the mesh bodies, there will be complaints and gripes aimed initially at the creators since most users do not, as you say, look at the stats and see if it's the region at fault. I asked the question "do the policy makers appreciate the risks?" and was given a definite "yes they do", so it's now in the hands of the fire-fighting team.

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.