Can't import skin weights

Okaena

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can't import skin weights (I have not reached the limit of bones), i even tried to import several .dae objects from internet, whats wrong, may be i need something like mayastar or avastar to export, is it important?I tried to export with OpenCOLLADA. Maybe i should have a premium membership or something like that?

Skin weight may seem trivial to most people but in fact the skin accounts for 16% of an average human's body. It's an amazingly complex organ that...

No wait... that's not...

exactly what you were asking about, was it?

Let's try again:

We probably need a bit more info to help you but to clear up some of the basics right away:

• There is nothing you can do with Avastar that you can't do in Blender without it, it doesn't add a singe new feature. But Avastar does make rigging so much easier you really, really don't want to do it without.
  • Which Collada library you use for export shouldn't matter. They all generate different syntaxes but SL's uploader can handle them all.
  • Premium membership makes no difference whatsoever.
  • All vertices in the mesh has to be weighed. That's a very common problem when people try to rig without the help of Avastar since it's very easy to overlook a vertice soemwhere.
Edited by ChinRey

On 11/16/2019 at 8:19 AM, Okaena said:

i even tried to import several .dae objects from internet,

It seems to me that you're running about the assumption that anything goes as long as it is "rigged". The fact is that you should check WHAT it is rigged to: in order to work in SL, a mesh needs to be bound to the specific SL's avatar skeleton, any other won't work. It's a combination of both skeletal structure, the so called hierarchy, and the naming of such joints after the exact standard avatar's joint hierarchy and names. Even if you get MayaStar or Avastar, that won't grant you any benefit if you don't rework the whole thing over to the SL character. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.