Question about Destination Guide

Identity Euler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4891 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

Since 2.x has been introduced I have this issue. In the side panel I can only read this:

"Uh oh. It's buggy. 500 Internal server error Sorry, something unexpected happened. Please try again in a few minutes. If you continue to receive this message, please send a note to webmaster@secondlife.com."

I am looking for the solution. What to do to be able to see the Destination Guide in viewer? I have win7. I know that I can read Destination Guide on website but I need the access from viewer to make the tutorial. This is why I decided to do something about it finally. I know that Destination Guide works for some people for some not. I should have a look in jira but I belive here I will get the advice much faster. :)

Edit

The question is not valid any more for viewer 2.x because the Destination Guide is redirected to other website than before and works for me.

8 answers to this question

"unique"---> rare issue. ;) There needs to be something with connection to website. But it is wired. Wildcat has this issue too. When the viewer is changed she can. So maybe it is client problem under some circumstances. If there is nothing similar in jira I will create one. I have also sent a ticket. After a year I really decided to solve this issue. :)

It could be a variation of one of the other more common bugs, such as blank TOS or blank pages in search, especially if as Cat says it does not affect all viewers for the same person. There have also been bugs of things not showing when people have display names set to not show.

There was a fix we used to try for stuff not showing, that used to work for all sorts of things, you could try that, go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ and instal the version for "Other browsers". Maybe that fix is due for a comeback lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4891 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.