You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 251 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello. I bought a land and I would like to have musical evenings. Sometimes a 20 second spam sound starts, which disturbs everything at a very loud volume, but not where it comes from. I suspect it is sent by someone to disturb me but from sound explorer I find nothing.
How can I defend myself?
How can I trace where it comes from and who sends it?

5 answers to this question

Open World >>> About Land >>> Sounds and unclick the little box that allows people outside your parcel to hear sounds inside (and vice versa).

In that case, the sound may be coming from Media On A Prim that someone nearby has activated.  If you can locate the source, try muting it. It will still annoy your visitors (who will have to mute it themselves) but at least you won't hear it.

I've been getting this too, for about the past 6 months. The really weird thing, it even happens when the Master Volume is set to off (Firestorm-Releasex64 x86 64 6.3.2.58052). Haven't tested for it in other browsers.

Location seems random too. Any time I think I can pin down a location, it stops. I'll come back with a SLURL if I succeed.

Edited by jaredstargazer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 251 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.