Can you make a script that will allow you to play a gesture when you start typing?

Lizzie1228

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This might seem like a silly question... But I was trying to see if there's a way to script something, similar to making a typer, but instead of sounds using gestures? I have some I wanted to use in a typer but my scripty friend said it'll only work for sounds. Mind you, I'm trying to use gestures that don't write things in chat or play animations or anything like that... It's just the sound that plays in the gesture. I don't have the actual sound thing because it was gestures I bought. 

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. 

4 answers to this question

You don't need a gesture...there is a default animation set aside for typing, and an AO can substitute a different animation for that one.

Oh...read your post again.  You want the sound that's IN one of your gestures.  If the gesture is modifiable, you may be able to get at that sound.  Open the gesture editor, see what sound is in there.  Can you drag it into your inventory?

Failing that...what IS the sound?  There are lots and lots of royalty free sound effects available, some free and some not.

I'm trying to make a typer that randomizes some kid sounds (to avoid monotony and horrible annoying babbling) for my little. Not to sell or anything, to use for personal things so I got gestures thinking a typer script could do it and randomize them but my friend who made the script said it'd only play sound files. So I figured I'd ask. The gestures are No copy/Mod/Transfer, so I COULD modify it, I'm just not sure how to. I can mess with it and see if I can remove it somehow.

we are not to able to trigger gestures using a script.  A way forward is either ask the gesture maker to sell you the sound files as a pack, or get/buy another sounds pack.  Then you friend could help you to include/write the sounds into the typer script

I'm not a scripter, but...

• The script will have to be in an object.  It could be something you wear, or a HUD on screen.
  • If it's a HUD, you could rig it so you could select the sound to be used, or have a random sound selected.
  • You can put the sound files into the object that has the typer script in it.  Doesn't matter where you get them from...extracted from a gesture, or a sound file you upload.  Pat attention to the format and length requirements for uploaded sounds.
  • Sounds must be in .WAV file in standard PCM format, 16-bit/44.1kHz/mono or stereo (converted to mono), and less than ten seconds in length.  Thus, 9.99 seconds is fine, but 10.0 will fail to upload.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.