You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone know how the new BAKED_LEFTARM and BAKED_LEFTLEG are supposed to work? Is it really just another AUX with a dumb name?

I modified my mesh body to have the left arm be a separate face, and the left leg to be a separate face. When I set my mesh body to have the left arm face as BAKED_LEFTARM and the left leg face and BAKED_LEFTLEG, all the other other skins, tattoos, and clothing that were on BAKED_UPPER and BAKED_LOWER disappear on the left side, and nothing but the specific left side universal tattoos are shown. I thought the point of the left bakes were to allow adding tattoos to the left side of the body. If the upper/lower skins and clothes disappear as soon as you change it to BAKED_LEFTXXX, then that isn't adding anything; it's replacing your BAKED_LOWERs and BAKED_UPPERs. This isn't too helpful unless all of your skins and clothes are also made as universals, which then also defeats the layering of skin->tattoo->underwear->inner clothes->outer clothes. It also prevents using any of the classic skins and clothing if you use the LEFTs.

Ideally, I would want to wear a classic skin, a universal left arm tattoo, a classic short sleeve tshirt, which apply, in order, to: BAKED_UPPER(LOWER/HEAD), BAKED_LEFTARM, BAKED_UPPER, and have them display as you would expect. They don't.

As far as I can see, there does not seem to be a way to set the left arm face or left leg face of my mesh body to have both BAKED_UPPER and BAKED_LEFTARM, or BAKED_LOWER and BAKED_LEFTLEG at the same time.

BAKED_LEFTARM and BAKED_LEFTLEG are supposed to work only with Universal wearables. If you use a classic system wearable on mesh set to use AUX ( you are right, they could all be called Auxiliaries) , textures are greyed out. Those classic wearable alphas won't work on mesh set to use auxiliary slots, so you won't be able to hide the avatar's part that can make use of AUX using wearable alphas. I saw someone on the feedback tread suggest 'universal alpha' but it doesn't exist now so the only way to hide a part that use auxiliary slot is the 'old' way.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.