AMD AA Challenge

Nalates Urriah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

53 minutes ago, Rhiannon108 said:

So, changed AA to x8 in the viewer (still looking for gnu control panel) and restarted FS. Def looks improved. (And, didn't kill my fps.)

Snapshot1_002.png

This one is better. But, 2x to 8x better... I don't think so... maybe.

Did the 2x to 8x make ANY difference in your FPS? If the viewer is doing the AA you should see a change in FPS.

For us to really tell, we need an image that is a 1-to-1 image. So, in Firestorm take a snap using Current Window for size. Then crop that image to a 512x512 for posting in forum.

AATest_001.png.cac7dd21a15c1291f6c8be027fd487b7.png

Here you can see my FXAA handled by the GTX 1060 using Current Window is about the same as the 8x you are seeing.

For photos, I use a 3000 x something px image snapshot and usually down sample to 2048 or 1024. So, you do not have to get your AA to anything other than what pleases your eye for daily use.

To get to the AMD control panel check this https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-004

On 8/31/2019 at 3:08 AM, Nalates Urriah said:

Here you can see my FXAA handled by the GTX 1060 using Current Window is about the same as the 8x you are seeing.

For photos, I use a 3000 x something px image snapshot and usually down sample to 2048 or 1024. So, you do not have to get your AA to anything other than what pleases your eye for daily use.

To get to the AMD control panel check this https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-004

FYI: iCore 7, 3.6 Ghz, GeForce 1060 6 GB - AA set 16 gives best performance, as I have written elsewhere, it looks like the new NVidea drivers for the 10X0-020X0 cards are coded optimizing with AA set to 16

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.