Refresh timing out? or something...

Pixie Kobichenko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all- I have been using the autorefresh- and I have it set for 72 seconds.  I have tried using the last two days and suddenly tonight- it's giving me the message (after playing the sound that indicates it found "bellisseria") that I've exhausted my refresh attempts?  And it doesn't indicate that it found the search term.   It's done this twice now in the last hour.  

Is this happening to others? Or am I just lucky enough to have this weirdness happening to me.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Hi all- I have been using the autorefresh- and I have it set for 72 seconds.  I have tried using the last two days and suddenly tonight- it's giving me the message (after playing the sound that indicates it found "bellisseria") that I've exhausted my refresh attempts?  And it doesn't indicate that it found the search term.   It's done this twice now in the last hour.  

Is this happening to others? Or am I just lucky enough to have this weirdness happening to me.... 

Perhaps try setting your timer back a little more. From 72 seconds to 75 seconds.  For other helpful tips, I'll refer you to this post that @RaeLeeH did a few days ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Prudence, thank you for the response and tip to RaeLeeh's posts- I picked the 72 previously because I had read her posts lol.  I don't know what is going on.  I'll try again another day- I did have a home on Emerson Lake for six weeks but got itchy to move on- just taking longer to get another one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Hi Pixie, you're not alone, sometimes I see them too - or did - if I don't pause and wait at least a minute or more before I start Auto Refresh (but I'm guessing that's not your issue if you read that post thing that Prudence linked above).

Some people have mentioned elsewhere on the forums that they've been able to refresh at 60 second intervals, and some 75 or more. Prudence is right insofar as recommending dialing back your interval another second or two and see what works best for you with good old fashioned trial and error. That is what I had to do, as frustrating as that was. If that doesn't work and you're still capping, other options include clearing your browser cache, or at the most extreme re-installing the add-on, but I really don't see a need for those unless you're desperate (and that's entirely your call to make). Hopefully that works, and fingers crossed it does. As for taking longer to get another home; join the club. Been searching a while myself (especially since I'm on a slope) but of course these things take time. You're not alone there either! ;) 

And thanks @PrudenceAnton for the link and help. I'm no expert at all, but your suggestion is exactly what I would have recommended as a next step as it's what I would have done. So thank you too! 😄❤️ 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

Hi Pixie, you're not alone, sometimes I see them too - or did - if I don't pause and wait at least a minute or more before I start Auto Refresh (but I'm guessing that's not your issue if you read that post thing that Prudence linked above).

Some people have mentioned elsewhere on the forums that they've been able to refresh at 60 second intervals, and some 75 or more. Prudence is right insofar as recommending dialing back your interval another second or two and see what works best for you with good old fashioned trial and error. That is what I had to do, as frustrating as that was. If that doesn't work and you're still capping, other options include clearing your browser cache, or at the most extreme re-installing the add-on, but I really don't see a need for those unless you're desperate (and that's entirely your call to make). Hopefully that works, and fingers crossed it does. As for taking longer to get another home; join the club. Been searching a while myself (especially since I'm on a slope) but of course these things take time. You're not alone there either! ;) 

And thanks @PrudenceAnton for the link and help. I'm no expert at all, but your suggestion is exactly what I would have recommended as a next step as it's what I would have done. So thank you too! 😄❤️ 

Thank you both :)

I'll bump it up to something weird like 81 next time.  Maybe 83.  That has a ring to it. Ha!  

My urgency comes and goes thru out the day.  There are some days I don't even bother,  too. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.