maturity rating guidelines

Beowulf Constantine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My second life partner owns land in a region with a general rating. In her private residence, which she uses a security system with, there are number of objects that are considered to be of an adult nature including toys and a couple sex beds. On the front porch of the property is a hot tub, but otherwise all of the objects of an adult nature are located within the home and are only used privately and for personal use. Someone who oversees the maturity rating for the area has informed her that she's not allowed to have these objects in the home. I am trying to clarify whether or not this is accurate, as what I have read about the maturity ratings seems to pertain only to public spaces and objects available for public use and not private residences. It seems to me that if she has a security system which prevents anyone else from seeing or accessing those things that are within the property lines and is not advertising or making these objects publicly accessible, that they would be allowed on the property.Any feedback on this issue be helpful.

2 answers to this question

Even more to the point, here's the official description of what General means:

A region designated General is not allowed to advertise or make available content or activity that is sexually explicit, violent, or depicts nudity.  Sexually-oriented objects such as "sex beds" or poseballs may not be located or sold in General regions.

[ ... ]

If you are a region owner and you feel there is some ambiguity as to whether your content and activities are allowed in General regions, it's probably best to designate your region as Moderate.

See the full discussion in the Knowledge Base here

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

from the Linden FAQ here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Adult_Content_FAQ

"The maturity ratings distinguish between publicly-promoted adult content, required to be on Adult regions, and non-public adult content, such as private homes with a sex bed, that can be located on Moderate land.

Adult activities cannot be advertised or publicly promoted on Moderate land. Such activity must occur privately, behind closed doors on Moderate land (see below), and is forbidden on General land."

the interpretation is that adult content and activity (sex beds/devices/imagery) is forbidden on General land

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.