how to give up my house and by land instead

Sunrise Avalanche

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Sunrise Avalanche said:

Hi.....I became premium member before a few days and 'choose' a house...but it was a fault..for me it would be better to buy a parcel and put a skybox or something else on it..but I can t find the way to give the house back.

Greetings Sun

The way you vacate a Linden Home is very easy to do. Open "About Land" - which may be called Parcel Settings or something else depending on the viewer you are using. It is the place where you give your home a name and set all the other preferences. On the first tab is a button called "Abandon" - that's all you need to do: click that button. You will receive a warning - confirm it then that's it: you no longer own that land.

Any objects you own wlil (should) be returned to you in one giant object (called a coalesced object: multiple objects bundled together as a singl object in your inventory). So be sure to take or delete all your stuff before you do this. If that stuff is copyable (there is still a copy in your inventory) then you can just right-click on it and choose delete. if it is no-copy, the right-click and choose Take.

I have been a premium member for three years now. When  LL announced the increase of available larger lots. I have been trying for over a year to get a 1024 lot. I have asked and all I was told to wait. I am considering ending my premium membership on the next time to renew. 

I am still trying to understand how they offer this with no instructions on how to get the bigger houses. I abandoned my house on a smaller lot and do not have a private place to go any more. 

I am highly disappointed in LL in the communication, I have been checking twice a day for a new release that was said would happen once a week, but still nothing.

Sav

LL was unprepared for how popular the new Linden Homes would be.  They released two batches, and those were snapped up within hours.  They've said that they are ramping up to be able to release more homes (and more styles of homes) more quickly, but you do need to give them some time.  If you follow some of the popular threads in the Linden Homes forum, you will be up to date on the latest news and rumors.

Now, if you just want a 1024 Mainland parcel, THAT's easy!  Just use Search or the world Map to find parcels for sale.  Find one you like, at a price you can afford, go there, open World>Parcel Details, and buy it.  Then you can put any sort of house you want on it (assuming it fits physically and is within the 351 prim limit, of course.)

Just as with a Linden Home, you don't pay monthly tier on it...no matter what kind of Mainland you own, you will never pay tier unless the total amount of the mainland you own is more than 1024 sq m.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.