What happens when I share with some and get blocked?

Elissa Taka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I sent a friend some inventory items to list on the Marketplace, and towards the end I got a message "You have sent out excessive inventory offers and have been temporarily blocked.  Try again later"

The object(s) I tried sending aren't in either inventory. I don't see them in Lost and Found, Trash, etc.

Will they eventually be returned?

7 answers to this question

14 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Inventory offers that are refused (either by choice or because they were sent from someone who's been blocked) vanish into a black hole.  If you sent No Copy items, they are most likely gone.

Holy moly!!! I'll be MUCH more careful in the future!

On 7/4/2019 at 7:36 PM, Elissa Taka said:

"You have sent out excessive inventory offers and have been temporarily blocked.  Try again later"

That sounds like you hit a serverside throttle for inventory offers.
Roughly how may items did you pass to your friend & how did you share them?
eg) were you dragging a folder full of items to your friends profile?
So far I've been unable to hit that throttle but if a no copy item poofs into the ether once you hit that throttle, I'd class that as a bug.

15 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

That sounds like you hit a serverside throttle for inventory offers.
Roughly how may items did you pass to your friend & how did you share them?
eg) were you dragging a folder full of items to your friends profile?
So far I've been unable to hit that throttle but if a no copy item poofs into the ether once you hit that throttle, I'd class that as a bug.

I don't remember at all. Maybe a dozen. We have this broken system for putting gachas on the MP (she buys, I list). Early on we must've lost a lot. Now she knows to send a few at a time. I sent some (about a dozen) to her the other day and forgot, and *poof* lost a few. Oh well, live and learn. 

• Thanks 1

Ok I can repoduce this.
As far as I can tell, the inventory offer throttle only kicks in when you are sending inventory offers to an offline avatar.
Once you have hit the throttle, any object that you share with an offline avatar will not reach the destination avatar.
If the shared object is no copy to you, it will leave you inventory but never reach the destination avatar.
However, if you relog, the lost no copy object should be back in your inventory.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.