The sand/pebble textures i have bought will not rez along the shoreline

shaun Mosswood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have bought some sand/pebble textures to put along the shoreline of my island and im having difficulty,  Ive tried to drag and drop and this dosnt work, im sure i dont upload the texture to the terrain window in the estates menu otherwise all the land will change at that level.  Please excuse my ignorance but how do i go about this.

I have been told i may have to change the texture into a prim ?

4 answers to this question

Right.  You can't drag/drop a texture onto the ground.  (If that were possible, griefers might have a field day.)  You have to create prims that match the shape of your land and apply the texture to them.  If the beach is nice and smooth, gently curved, you might be able to do it with one or two megaprims.  Otherwise, you can make a sculpty megaprim to match the contours of the beach and texture that. 

• Like 1

If I understood you correctly, you are trying to apply a texture to the land.  You cannot do that.   You can only change land textures from the region/estate menu and as you already stated, that will change the texture for all the land in the estate at that level.

You would need to lay down some prims on the shoreland and texture them.  For example you can buy scuptie sand dunes that can be retextured to the the sand/pebble texture you want. 

--Cinn

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.