Scripting Help

XSpidey Defiant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, so im makeing a script for a group gift thats attached to an avatar such as a sword or gun, I have been playing around with different styles but nothing has worked so far.What i want is for the object to detect group(mine) and if it doesnt detect it to delete its inventory or disable itself so the user HAS to have the group active or else. Here is what i have so far

{
state_entry()
{
}
on_rez(integer total_number)
{
llList2String(llGetObjectDetails(llGetKey(), [OBJECT_GROUP]),0);
}
{
if llList2String(llGetObjectDetails(llGetKey(1d2b8ad2-34a5-6797-6d70-7d127c80c33f), [OBJECT_GROUP]),0) == FALSE)
{
llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName("New-Script")) }
}}

What you should do is, rather than remove the inventory, switch to a dormant state and keep it that way until it rezzes again.

A few corrections. First, the {} only appear INSIDE OF statments, states, and events. The if statement would actually go as follows.

//a simplified exampleif (conditionToBeTested){  doSomething}else if (conditionToTestIfFirstIsFalse) //optional{  doSomethingElse}else{  somethingElseCompletely}

Also, state_entry() does not have to be there if it has no contents and there are other events in that state.

Hope this helps. Happy scripting.

You're taking a more complicated route than you need to.  Try

default{    touch_start(integer num)    {        if(llSameGroup(llDetectedKey(0))  // That is, if the detected person is in the same group as this vendor object...        {            // Do whatever is allowed for group members only, like, for example ...           llGiveInventory(llDetectedKey(0),llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_OBJECT,0));        }    }}

Take a look at some of the very nice tutorials at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Tutorial to get a better feel for LSL syntax, and don't hesitate to come back here if you have other scripting questions.  You might also consider taking an in-world scripting course at someplace like Builder's Buddy or NCI.

If it were my, I would just detach the object with llDetatchFromAvatar()

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlDetachFromAvatar

You could also prompt them to set the correct active group just before detatching the object.

However, as far as finding if the agent has the correct group active ...  you could try resing a prim (full transparent, phantom, temp) and then testing that prim's group key versus your group's key.

So the flow would be:
Set listen channel
On chat timeout, assume we should detatch.
Res temp objet
- temp object get's it's group key
- temp object whispers it's group key in channel
Cancel detatch if group key matches your group.

Rolig Loon wrote:

default{    touch_start(integer num)    {        if(llSameGroup(llDetectedKey(0))  // That is, if the detected person is in the same group as this vendor object...        {            // Do whatever is allowed for group members only, like, for example ...           llGiveInventory(llDetectedKey(0),llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_OBJECT,0));        }    }}

Take a look at some of the very nice tutorials at
to get a better feel for LSL syntax, and don't hesitate to come back here if you have other scripting questions.  You might also consider taking an in-world scripting course at someplace like Builder's Buddy or NCI.

Wouldn't llSameGroup always be true for attached items? I think he is wanting to know if it is set to his specific group.

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Rolig Loon wrote:

Take a look at some of the very nice tutorials at
to get a better feel for LSL syntax, and don't hesitate to come back here if you have other scripting questions.  You might also consider taking an in-world scripting course at someplace like Builder's Buddy or NCI.

Wouldn't llSameGroup always be true for attached items? I think he is wanting to know if it is set to his specific group.

Ooop.  I somehow missed the point about being an attachment.  Dumb, dumb,dumb. 

Acheron Gloom wrote:

Pretty sure you can change object's groups once attached, though, so you'd have to check that once more.

I just checked in world.  You can try to change the objects group setting but it immediatly reverts back to its original group.

Changing your active group does not change an attachments group.  Also, trying to change an attachment group does nothing after changing the avatars active group.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.