SL Viewer options

Sraosha Starflare

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Computer at work??

I can't think of any of the regular security software programs that do more than warn about downloads etc. Perhaps you should report the issue to the manufacturer.

If it's a work computer, probably not such a good idea to tell them you can't use the Second Life program

:womanwink:

HA! It IS a work computer! I have a job where when I'm busy I work hard and for days, but then I have down time and I've been able to enjoy SL for more than a year at work. Their new security program won't let me use beta viewer of phoenix saying it has a problem with url's file extension. I assumed that was exe. I may approach our IT guy and see if he can get it set for me.

Thanks for the suggestion

Sraosha Starflare wrote:

HA! It IS a work computer! I have a job where when I'm busy I work hard and for days, but then I have down time and I've been able to enjoy SL for more than a year at work. Their new security program won't let me use beta viewer of phoenix saying it has a problem with url's file extension. I assumed that was exe. I may approach our IT guy and see if he can get it set for me.

Thanks for the suggestion

If they have blocked all exe files, then as we said previously that will stop you from using just about any downloaded programs. If you think they will make an exception for you but the size of an SL is too big, then your could try asking for access to one of the lightweight clients such as Radegast. This will let you do most things in SL but has no graphics, which is better than being locked out of SL totally. https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.