Inworld issues

Isabelle Mammoth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I log into sl, my avatar's hair, any trees, my house... it all glows a bright yellowy sort of color making it hard to see.  This has happened before and usually only lasts for a few hours... but it drives me nuts so I give up and log off.  Any idea what I can do about it?

3 answers to this question

Is it the direction of the bright sun on full bright textures?

Do you have your graphics set very high?

Can you post a picture? - You can use Options > Edit to add a picture to your original post. You can either upload the picture to your forum pictures or to a site like Phoctobucket or Flickr and post the link to it.

Hi, it is possible that there is a nearby object with a very strong glow setting. Glow will bleed through objects with transparency like hair and house windows, and make them look like they glow too.

If glow is the trouble, you can go to your SL preferences, Graphics tab, press the Advanced button, and temporarily uncheck Basic shaders. This makes the world ugly and flat looking, but it works in a pinch.

If that works, you could turn off the RenderGlow debug setting, then it will be OK to turn the shaders back on. Or, find what is glowing, it is probably something large, and try to get rid of the object or turn off its glow setting.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.