Unable to connect to a simulator

Jack4Love

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I got a new router. I have rebooted my cable modem and PC and Networking and IP seem to function properly. My main account and two alts can log in just fine, but this account, jack4love, and others, get the error: Unable to connect to a simulator. I've tried different simulators, including aich and hatton. I have wiped out all settings and cache files. I have powered down the PC and network for 15 minutes. I've tried using a laptop that had been powered off. But still, some of my alts cannot log in. Any clues?

10 answers to this question

Hi,

Here was similar question. Please consider all answers there like logging in different location, router issues etc. If you still have this issue please let us know in comments.

Edit

If this issue has appeared after new router is used it is probably connected. Please tell what viewer do you use and if you have tried to use other viewer.

• Like 2

I used Viewer 2, version 2.6.3 (227447) (Linux). When that failed I tried Phoenix 1.5.2.1050 and Radegast 1.26. each with a full wipe of all settings and cache files. I also considered that the route3r might be the cause so I reinstalled the old router and restarted my network and PC, but still this and other alts fail.

It so happened I was changing group tags right before I replaced the router, and the tags contained unrecognized characters (changed to ?). Thanks for pointing me to that other thread. I can't give you kudos other than to say kudos to you.

• Like 1

I agree with Luc, anyone that goes out of their way to track down the solution is as deserving of kudos as the original poster, who probably also researched to get the answer themselves in the same way. The answer to everything is out there somewhere if you know how to navigate the system & have the time and patience to do it to help others. You can always kudo old posts too if you want to, at the end of the day, fixing the problem is the priority by whatever means lol

/me gives koodies all round just cos you all deserve them :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.