Locked out of my Linden Home

Eblison Grun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am returning to SL after being gone for several years.  I recently bought a premium membership and was assigned a great little home.  For some reason, I can't get there.  I've used the path laid out on the dashboard, but the button isn't doing anything for me. It simply doesn't work.  I have the firestorm viewer, if that matters, and my "home" is set to a sim I was previously anchored to, so when I try to tp inworld to "Home" that is where I go.  How can I get my Linden home back.  I've never been able to go there and the home is the main reason for being premium.

3 answers to this question

53 minutes ago, Eblison Grun said:

I've used the path laid out on the dashboard, but the button isn't doing anything for me. It simply doesn't work.

The link on the page is a SLurl to your home. It also shows which region your Linden home is in. If you can't TP by clicking the link, try the following:

1 - Right-click the link, then copy it and paste that link in the "start at" box on the login page of Firestorm. This should make you log in right at that location.

2 - If that didn't work for one reason or another, make a note of the region and coordinates that this page says your home is in, then log in, open the map (ctrl+m), find that region, and teleport to it.

Let me know if any of this helped or not.

• Like 2

My hunch is that there's something not quite right in the way your viewer gets activated from your browser, which is so platform-specific that we'll need an expert to fix that plumbing (and you'll probably need to tell them about your browser and operating system).

Meanwhile, let's see if this works for you. Presumably you're going to this "my-home" page to find the button that isn't working for you. Above that yellow "Go to my home" button there's a link to "View on map", and if you click that you should see a map in your browser. If instead you...

do exactly what Fritigern suggested. (I was going to suggest pasting the SLURL link into an already running viewer's address bar, but using it as the start location is effectively the same thing.)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.