my clothes load in my viewer but people keep telling me that I'm naked..??

Danica Darkwatch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My clothes load in my viewer as my avatar looked fully clothed for me. I went to other sims and my friends asked me if i were topless wherein I'm not. They say they see me topless, with my breasts exposed. Sometimes, they see me fully naked, with only prims of the clothes left on me. But all of my clothes have loaded in my viewer.. What is causing all this? I've tried rebaking, having the bald base, doing the "character test" thingy, and clearing the cache.. i'm losing hope now

10 answers to this question

Are you on a wireless connection by any chance? Try a direct cable connection and see if that clears it up. Wireless often gives people appearance issues in SL. Even if you are not on a public wifi, competing for bandwidth with everybody in the dorm or the Starbucks, you're likely to get interference from everything from cell phones to garage door openers.  SL passes information back and forth to your computer continuously, so it's important to have the best connection you can.

• Like 1

This used to happen a lot with the Phoenix viewer specifically, are you by any chance on that viewer? If so, the way I used to fix that problem for me was to log in using an official LL viewer and log in on Pooley let my inventory load then I could relog with Phoenix and I would be fixed.

I wish there were a nice one-size-fits-all answer. It would make things so much easier. I used to have that problem with the old 1.23 viewer occasionally but it went away completely when I started using Phoenix exclusively last year. Go figure.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.