Problem when deeding land to group

Talistoria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone !

I'm the owner of two parcels on mainland (4096 and 1024) on the same SIM.

I bought the 1024 for extra prims only, the parcell stayed empty. The 4096 is nearly full.

I was running out of prims, again, and a friend told me that I coud have a 10% bonus by deeding my lands to my group and buying another small parcell to cover the bonus prims. I searched on forums if that was true, it seemed so, so I looked how to do it and deeded the 1024 land first. What have I done... I had an automatic message telling me that a hundred of items were returned to my inventory due to lack of prims on the parcel. I wish there was some warning before deeding the land, it may be obvious afterwards but at the moment it wasn't obvious at all to me that I'll lose my things deeding my land to my group.

So, now my landscape and house are a wreck and there is a hundred of objects missing, I have to say that it is heartbreaking to look at that, although it's my fault...

1. I assume there is no way to restore things the way they were before this deed ?

2. If I deed the 4096 parcel to the group, will it erase all the other things ? It makes me very anxious, I love my home and my garden, don't want to lose it all :(

So, now that this 1024 parcel is deeded to the group, I don't understand the statement on my account :

Square meters owned: 4096
Square meters donated: 931
Premium Bonus in Square Meters: 1024
Paid Tier Level: 4096
Available Square Meters: 4189

And now I'm completely lost and don't understand the repartition... English is not my native language and that doesn't help either when I look for explanations :/

3. Why is there only 931 meters donated, since I deeded all the 1024 parcel ?

4. finally, what can I do now to do things properly, so that I can gain the 10% bonus that I need without losing my things ?

Thank you for reading me and have a nice day :)

Deeding land means the owner of the land is a group. Setting land to a group means the avatar is the owner of the land, but shares land with a group.

I'm not sure why you need to deed land to a group. Deeding land allows you to own 10% more of land for the group, but it doesn't give you more prims. In the long run, if you can't buy that 10% more of land in the same region, it's not necessary to deed the land, because you will not have more prims.

Here is the thing. If an avatar owns 5120sqm of land in 1 region has the same prims than a 5120sqm of land deeded to a group in the same region.
Deeding land to a group would allow you to buy an extra 512sqm (in your tier level) of land and if you use that land in the same region, then having more prims.

2. If I deed the 4096 parcel to the group, will it erase all the other things ? It makes me very anxious, I love my home and my garden, don't want to lose it all :(

If the system returned your objects it's probably because you had "auto return" enabled in the land, and objects which are not rezzed in the same group. As an avatar, the system never returns the objects you own, but when land is deeded, the owner of the land is not the avatar: it's the group. So weird things can happen.

Set all your objects to the same group that will own the land before messing up with land.

3. Why is there only 931 meters donated, since I deeded all the 1024 parcel ? 

You have only deeded the 1024sqm plot of land. You still have to deed your 4096sqm plot of land.

4. finally, what can I do now to do things properly, so that I can gain the 10% bonus that I need without losing my things ?

You have deeded the 1024 sqm plot of land. (set all your objects to the same group that will own the land )

Deed the 4096sqm plot of land to the group. That will give you a contribution of 3723sqm of land.

Now you will have 931sqm + 3723sqm land donated to the group.

Buy another 512sqm plot of land in the same region by deeding it to the group. Don't use "buy land", but use "Buy land for group".  465sqm will be donated to the group.

That will give you 931sqm + 3723sqm + 465 sqm = 5120 sqm

Remember that deeding land doesn't give you more prims, owning more land give you more prims. !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Talistoria said:

1. I assume there is no way to restore things the way they were before this deed ?

If you use Firestorm viewer, right click on each returned item in your inventory -> Restore to last position.

@TalistoriaThe reason that the items were returned when you deeded the 1024 was because the other (4096) parcel still belonged to you, whilst the1024 parcel belonged to the group. Therefore the Li count from the 1024 was no longer available to the 4096 ... li count is only shared in-sim between parcels of the same owner. So suddenly the 4096 only had available it's Li count. You won't have a problem deeding the 4096 from that perspective.

The only thing I'm not certain on is in regards to auto-return ... I have never deeded land after putting things down on it, so not certain if the items taht are rezzed will automatically get set to the group ... or what .. that needs someone with a more varied experience to me to chime in.

Look in lost & found folder -- your items are returned to you, and usually not lost. They are returned to you in big bunches -- read the notices. It may say "58 prims" and "table" but inside is "lamp, bed, rug," etc. all coalesced in a group.

No, there is no way to restore the situation before your deed, especially with only a 4096 and 1024 involved. Very rarely -- very rarely, I can tell you from long experience! -- the Lindens can roll back a sim if there was a huge loss but they can't do that for 4096 because the sims are dynamically changing constantly among multiple owners and restoring your parcel means ruining someone else's parcel.

Keep all land on 0 autoreturn while changing from individual to deeded and from one group to another and it shouldn't return. But it's another mater if you suddenly remove from the total available square meters of land in changing the groups, then there are too many prims on one of the lots and some of it will return. So if you have 4096 and cut it in half to put in another group, the prims will return.

Land and tier are separate things. Tier covers land like a blanket. Not enough blanket, and the land is not covered and is lost, i.e. seized by the Lindens after a few days.

Your table of land donated is confusing -- are these all different owners? All the same owners but different avatar? If you have 4096 level account, that is actually 5120 meters available to use to group land because the premium account gives you an additional 1024 m. If you had 5120 meters in one account and grouped that land, you should have had 5,632 meters available in a group to have group land. You should always first make the group and deed land to it and fill it with all available tier before purchasing more land to make sure you have enough tier and aren't forced into a higher tier level.

It sounds like you didn't have that many meters so maybe I'm not understanding something.Deeding land to a group shouldn't remove all the content if you keep the autoreturn on 0; it is moving from one kind of owner (single) to another (group) so it's status changes and everything set to one group or no group will then return if the grouped land has a different group. But again, in theory if you always keep autoreturn to 0 you could avoid this.

Go here for a tutorial on group land and its problems, with help cards and also a visual diorama: Memory Bazaar. Look for the little post office down the stairs for the group tutorials.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.