Selling Linden Dollars

RJ Mesmeriser

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

If I want to sell Linden Dollars, where does this money go?  Does it go into my US Dollars account and could that be used to pay my monthly tier instead of my credit card being charged ~  OR, <rephrased>  If there's USD funds in my account, would the tier payment be taken from there instead of my credit card charged?  ALSO, let's say that maybe I wanted to withdraw some of the USD in my account... how would I go about that?

I'm obviously unfamiliar with selling Linden Dollars so "where does the money go" would be a likely first answer I am looking for.

Thanks!

11 answers to this question

Hello RJ. Open your dashboard --> Linden Exchange by the left --> Manage --> Sell Lindens. If you want to sell lindens, you need at least once to buy lindens first. This way your Lindex trading sell limit will start to get increased automatically, so you will be able to sell them. For more details check out the following link:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Linden-dollars/ta-p/700107#How_to_sell_Linden_dollars

Ok ... no, that didn't answer my question... sorry. :(((

I know where to go to "sell" lindens. After I've done that, what next? Where does the money go???? Refering to my original question: Does the money go into my USD account and therefore would be utiized to pay my monthly tier fees for mainland property I own?

The money goes into your USD account and yes, you can then use those credits to pay for things like premium membership and mainland tiers. And you don't really need to do anything to make that work. LL will always pull from your USD credits first and then charge your credit card if there is not enough USD credit to cover the charge

• Like 1

Okay gosh... I feel like I'm almost there. BUT, if I sell Linden Dollars... do they go to my USD account balance and then if I wanted to withdraw those funds, then an additional step would need to be made? Otherwise, would they just sit there and my monthly tier could be deducted from those funds?

As Cinnamon says, yes all fees are first deducted from any US$ credit on your account & you do not need to do anything in order for that to happen.

As for the 2nd part of your question, if you want to transfer any credit out of SL to your Paypal account, you just need to click the Process Credit link that shows next to your US$ balance on your Account Summary.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.