Saving body hud settings with outfit

Tiziana Corleone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1825 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You can grab the auto-alpha kit from the maitreya store that will let you save alphas. For foot shape I think the only real way is to make a copy of the feet in the shape you need and keep the copy with the outfit. Or save the feet three times, one for each size, and use the correct link in saved outfits 

The auto hide works great! As for the feet, the pose doesn't seem to be saved along with the outfit.  When I change from a flat foot outfit to a high heel one, the foot remains flat.  The body hud is saved with the outfit but doesn't seem to have any effect on the foot pose.  You suggested making a copy of the feet in the desired pose:  what would I do with the copy (placed in a separate folder) and how would I re-link it to the outfit with it being overwritten by the one already there?  Would renaming the body part cause errors?

thanks, again, for the autohide suggestion!

17 hours ago, Tiziana Corleone said:

The auto hide works great! As for the feet, the pose doesn't seem to be saved along with the outfit.  When I change from a flat foot outfit to a high heel one, the foot remains flat.  The body hud is saved with the outfit but doesn't seem to have any effect on the foot pose.  You suggested making a copy of the feet in the desired pose:  what would I do with the copy (placed in a separate folder) and how would I re-link it to the outfit with it being overwritten by the one already there?  Would renaming the body part cause errors?

thanks, again, for the autohide suggestion!

What I do is this:

Create a subfolder within the "Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara" named "Feet"

Create three subfolders within the "Feet" subfolder named "High," "Medium," and "Flat."

Copy the feet into each of the subfolders.

Wear each of the copied feet one at a time, and use the HUD to choose the position that corresponds to the name of the subfolder.

When composing an outfit, wear whichever of the feet works with it. When you save the outfit, the link in it will point to the copy of the feet that you saved with the correct position.

3 minutes ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

Create a subfolder within the "Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara" named "Feet"

Create three subfolders within the "Feet" subfolder named "High," "Medium," and "Flat."

I use Maitreya and I do that also.

In addition, I also save a copy of modified bodies into a folder with the same name as the outfit. All these reside in a folder using the name of the skin, so when I switch outfits it is all organised and the correct alpha'd body, the correct feet, with sub-categories for sock/stockings etc., produce the exact outfit.

I also have numerous sub-categories for shoes, clothes, jewelry, hair etc. which have options, ensuring everything is available and worn upon wearing my chosen outfit.

Regarding the Maitreya HUD, for a while now I have also been saving a copy of the HUD with the alpha changes in the appropriate outfit-named folder along with the body.

Rant Warning!!
Ever since Maitreya introduced auto-alpha it immediately became a total f*^&#ing pain the rectum. I utterly despise auto-alpha'ing with a hateful passion. I really hate it. I hate it. I really do. I cannot explain how much I despise it. It makes me want to puke violently. I cannot abide the hideous and choiceless introduction of something which was designed 'to help', but causes nothing but frustration.

Don't tell me I can delete the script, I tried that and it is terminal. It is an abysmal option. It is rubbish. Include a check-box so users can CHOOSE to have auto-alpha, or not. While your at it -Mrs. Maitreya-, add two little check boxes to the minimised HUD so I don't have to keep opening it and flipping pages to click something. One box for 'Ankle-Lock' and one for 'Bento hand anims on/off'.

With all their skills in creating one of the best mesh bodies out there they screw it up by failure to include simple fundamentals. Idiots!

I'd still buy it again though, because I love the body shapes I can achieve for my taste in short avatars, plus I love the V-tech flat chest. Don't get me talking about the flat-chest and its auto-alphas or I'll threaten to write another paragraph.
Rant Over.

Don't forget to make backups of your Maitreya HUDs and body. I have yet another folder containing all usually-worn-HUDs, plus backup, so that I can replace them (using replace links) if an orb or an idiot causes them all to die.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1825 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.