Mainland steep incline. How do I flatten?

BettiRaige

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1855 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just purchased my first plot.  It's located on a steep incline.   I am trying to make it level so that I can place a house, but I can't get the land to go flat.  I tried digging out, but I can only go so deep before I hit water or the tool just stops working.    I realize that this is not a private region so I am limited but there has to be a way to get at least a small space to make level?

If I can't.  Then what can I use from marketplace to make a platform to place the house ON?  Or am I just limited to using a skybox?  

3 answers to this question

You can never adjust the land on the Mainland by more then +/- 4 m.  If you want a flat area, just rez a prim, make it as large as you want (or rez several prims), and then texture it appropriately to make it look like rock, wood, grass, sand ....  If you want to get fancier, you can make or buy a gently rolling mesh surface that you can drop on the land to make a custom landscape.  One of the great joys of land ownership is figuring out how to add landscaping elements to beautify it.

• Like 1

Rolig is spot on.  When the terraforming limits don't let you do what you want, there are always prims.

• House on stilts (make your own...these are very simple prims)
  • Huge rock cliff with a flat top to put your house on (this can look very natural and beautiful with a little thought and experimentation)
  • Skybox!
  • Tower with an expanded top (neat for a modern, Space Needle sort of house)
Edited by Lindal Kidd

I didn't think about rezzing a prim platform and then just texturing it to fit the land theme (beach/waterfront) So I will give that a try.  I realize these things take time so I am going to enjoy the journey of experimenting!  I am looking forward to it!  Thanks so much!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1855 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.