Tips on lengthening the face?

anvyre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had to think about this... You don't actually move eyes up and down. You change everything else. Avatar shape is controlled by the skeleton. The eyes are connected in such a way they become a base point in the face shape. Thus everything else is sort of placed in relation to them.

The nearest setting to moving eyes up or down is Head Stretch. So, to make the eyes appear to move up you move the top of the head down. The changes made with that setting can be modified with Head Shape and Egg Head settings. I suspect you'll have to tweak Chin and Mouth to get you wireframe to fit.

How well these settings work depend on the head, Classic or some brand of mesh. 

Also, the camera at this range will distort what you are seeing. Use your Ctrl-8, 9, and 0 to adjust the camera to get the least distortion. I suggest 3 or 4 presses of Ctrl-0.

• Like 1

Hey Nalates,

Thanks for the response. I thought the nose was actually the fixed point since I couldn't lengthen it and push the lower part of the face down. I'll have a go with the tips you provided, thanks!

Move the mouth up and make the chin less deep. You may have to enlarge the head when doing this as it will make the overall appearance smaller. Also you can use the "egghead" slider in the head tab to make the head more forehead heavy than chin heavy which will make the forehead larger.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.