Black spots in sky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I am seeing black spots in the night sky which I can assume are supposed to be stars?  Any way to fix this?

Thank you,

Ian

Cooler: Master Mastergel Maker CPU-Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation
CAS: Corsair Obsidian 500D Premium Mid-Tower Case w/ Both side tempered glass Panels
CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-9900K 3.60GHZ 16MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151
CS_FAN: 3X 120mm Case Fans for your selected case [+9]
EXCD1: External USB DVDRW
FAN: Asetek 650LS 120mm Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Gen 6 Pump & Copper Cold Plate - Extreme Performance (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
HDD: 240GB WD Green Series SATA-III 6 Gb/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 540/465 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 37/68k 
HDD2: 4TB Samsung 860 EVO Series SATA-III 6 Gb/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 550/520 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 100/90k 
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: CyberpowerPC Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
MEMORY: 64GB (16GBx4) DDR4/2400MHz Dual Channel Memory
MONITOR: 2 - 27" Vizta V27Lmha1 Black 1920 x 1080p 5ms HDMI LED Backlight Gaming Monitor w/ Built-in Speakers 
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 -CB ATX w/ 802.11ac Wi-Fi, ARGB, USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe
MOUSE: ASUS Cerberus Ambidextrous Wired 6-button 2500 DPI Optical Gaming Mouse
NETWORK: Intel EXPI9301CTBLK Network Adapter 10/ 100/ 1000Mbps PCI-Express
POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts - Corsair RMi Series RM1000i 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Fully Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply
PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System 
RUSH: RUSH!!! READY TO SHIP IN 3 BUSINESS DAYS
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: Creative Labs Sound BlasterX Katana RGB Multi-channel Bluetooth wire/Wireless Gaming Soundbar Dolby Digital 5.1 Decoder
USBX: NZXT Internal USB 6-PORT Expansion Module
VIDEO: GeForce(R) RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready] (Single Card)

black dots 1.JPG

17 hours ago, IanLeigh said:

Hello,

I am seeing black spots in the night sky which I can assume are supposed to be stars?  Any way to fix this?

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-9900K 3.60GHZ 16MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151

Wow - what a PC, congratulation 💻🙆‍♀️

FYI if using Firestorm: EEP Issues

3 hours ago, Rachel1206 said:

Wow - what a PC, congratulation 💻🙆‍♀️

Thank you, I bought it because I wanted to run SL (and WoW) lag free and at 100% graphics level, and there is one club I go to that regularly crashes my old system at even the lowest of graphic settings so it was worth it. 

1 hour ago, IanLeigh said:

Thank you, I bought it because I wanted to run SL (and WoW) lag free and at 100% graphics level, and there is one club I go to that regularly crashes my old system at even the lowest of graphic settings so it was worth it. 

You can do this without needing a godlike computer.

• Run 2 nvidia graphics cards in a non SLI configuration (they can even be different models). Connect a monitor directly to each. Set option in NV prefs to allow selection of GPU via context menu.
  • R. Click on SL shortcut and run on secondary GPU. Place SL window on secondary monitor.
  • Launch WoW / Game / Blender as normal.
  • Run fullscreen windowed mode. Chat in SL and do boring world quests while y.... <bfa sucks my guild all left why am I still subbed rant here>

Caveats & notes ....

• Number of PCIe lanes becomes an issue, so make sure your primary 'gaming' GPU is on 16x. 8x or lower is fine for SL.
  • Make sure your primary display is physically connected to primary GPU.
  • GPU's can render on one card and show the output via the other. It's slower, eats PCIe bandwidth and taxes both GPU's.
  • Can your PSU  run 2 GPU's at the same time? Cooling up to snuff, etc.
  • Works really well with Blender & other games too.
  • OPENGL FULLY ACCELERATED ON SECONDARY ONLY

Edited by CoffeeDujour

@CoffeeDujour  O.o... all of that is WAY over my head (probably obvious), no clue what your talking about with your recommendations.  But I like BFA, it's the first expansion since Vanilla where I got the Ambassador Achievement. And yes, I have run Wow quests while dancing, listening to music, and chatting in an SL club. But I digress and this is off topic. I'll look for ya in world and would love to pick your brain about your other response. 

Edited by IanLeigh

9 hours ago, IanLeigh said:

I have a Geforce 1060 6 GB ( CPU iCore7 2.8/3.5 GHz ) and uses a 1920x1080 resolution monitor - with ALM on in high graphic settings - I get 70-100 FPS, with ultra graphics settings 34-44 FPS depending on surroundings/avatars around. In my sky box 3400 meters up home alone I get 175-188 FPS. Lowering graphic quality 210-220 FPS.

I do as this:

NVidea Control Panel

3D Settings->Manage 3D Settings->Program Settings

Add Firestorm

Then set the following, leave rest as they are

CUDA GPU: All
Power Management Mode: Prefer maximum power
Tripple Buffering: On

Firestorm:
Draw distance: 240
Hardware Settings->Antialiasing: 8x or 16x

Check that Viewer Texture Memory Buffer is max that is 2048

240 meters draw distance and antialiasing 16 are sweet spots for the modern Geforce cards, provided a good CPU - in your case not a problem.

Drop in performance in clubs is mainly caused by other avatars - this is how things are handled in Second Life and by the viewers, we can only hope LL will improve this. Currently your option to handle heavy clubbing - if performance problems - is to lower Max # of non-imposter avatars and complexity.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.